Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Forgotten Your Password?
Have you forgotten your password? Today's blog post walks you through how to reset it...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
TonyCr
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restore issue

I have had to load a clean copy of Win10 because of an HD corruption and hence need to reload my MozyHome copy. But should I restore previously held data or is there a danger that the stored data is corrupted? Any help appreciated. Tx. TonyCr

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)
Solution

Re: Restore issue

@TonyCr,

Unless you backed up whatever caused the corruption, such as a virus/or infected file, you shouldn't see any further corruption from restoring the files. If the files themselves were corrupted prior to uploading, there is a chance you could see them in that corrupted state from that point of restore. You may consider restoring the files from a previous date if that is the case.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(654)

@TonyCr

Just as Angela mentioned, unless the backup ran after the corruption then you can restore from the last backup.  If corrupt data was uploaded the you'll need to restore from an earlier date.

Here is a link with instructions on how to restore files from an earlier date.

I hope this is helpful.  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(86)

@TonyCr

Just checking in. Was the advice by Jared and Angela able to help you? Did you have any other questions we can help resolve?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)

Hi @TonyCr,

We haven't heard from you in some time, so we're hoping that means it's resolved and we're going to go ahead and mark this as solved. If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support