Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Yeahbut
Elite Level 1
(16)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Re-installation Error: Cannot access component.....

Mozy client since 2010.  Finally resolved recent ISP and gmail problems but lost Mozy connection.  Tried to reinstall but keep getting access error.  I checked the registry.  All permissions granted to cited key components.  

In addition, I've changed my external drive designation from "F" to"I".

I need to be able to reinstall Mozy.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

SB

JaredG
(479)

Re: Re-installation Error: Cannot access component.....

@Yeahbut

I see one computer backing up on your account another computer on your account attempting to backup but hasn't backed anything up, and because of the nature of this issue I've created a case for you and have sent you an email to reply to.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@Yeahbut

Were the steps suggested by Jared able to help you? Did you have additional questions, or does this resolve your concern? Please let us know at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
Yeahbut
Elite Level 1
(16)

Jared, I am so sorry, I DID answer immediately but gmail apparently didn't send it.  I'll have to get this email working both in and out before I bother you again.

Two weeks ill spent.

SB

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Thanks for the heads up, @Yeahbut. Keep working with @JaredG via that case to come to a resolution.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@Yeahbut

Thank you for you time working on this case with me.  Even though I'm working on you case directly now which has nearly been resolved as you know (I'll be checking your backups again tomorrow morning to confirm), you may post in the Mozy community forums any time.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Yeahbut
Elite Level 1
(16)

Jared: Status of Backup on Case #01626089

Thanks to your tireless patience, Jared, it looks like you have found a solution to my backup problem.  I am currently working on a fresh initial backup, which will probably take all of today to complete, but once it's done, Mozy should be functioning normally.  

I will confirm completion.  

sb

JaredG
(479)

Re: Jared: Status of Backup on Case #01626089

@Yeahbut

Thank you for the update in the Mozy community forums.  I'll continue to watch your backup and again tomorrow morning.  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Yeahbut
Elite Level 1
(16)

Just so you know, it looks like it will take another full day to complete the initial backup. 

Still grateful...

sb

ScottS1
(127)

@Yeahbut

Just checking in. Were you able to complete that backup?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps