We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Questionable-auto-update/td-p/93833

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
mcgb
Warrior
(3)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Questionable auto update?

I keep getting emails asking me :  Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"    I get this email several times a day.   Is this a legitimate update or is this a hacker.

Thanks

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(240)

Re: Questionable auto update?

Wait you get an email that says that? That is very odd. Now if you get a message that says that it should be fine if it's the Mozy program giving the message. Is Mozy up to date, and is Windows up to date? That will help also in this matter. 

Now if you say 'yes' to it and it asks the next day there may be something wrong with the Mozy install. You would have to uninstall and re-install Mozy at that point. 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@mcgb

Did you see Benjamin's last post?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
mcgb
Warrior
(3)

I'm not getting a straight answer.   Is this update coming from Mozy.com?   Do your updates say that the publisher is unknown?    It keeps popping up on my computer non stop and is driving me crazy.   I don't want to click on something that says the update is from an unknown publisher.   Please give me a straight answer.

0 Reps
mcgb
Warrior
(3)

I'm not getting a straight answer.   Is this update coming from Mozy.com?   Do your updates say that the publisher is unknown?    It keeps popping up on my computer non stop and is driving me crazy.   I don't want to click on something that says the update is from an unknown publisher.   Please give me a straight answer.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@mcgb

Please provide a screenshot as an attachment. You may blank the text in black with sensitive information. Otherwise, would you prefer that we generate a case to assist you to keep your information and privacy secure?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@mcgb

I've seen this popup before with "unknown publisher" only when Mozy is attempting to update automatically rather then when you download and run the update your self.

So it is okay to let the program run.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
mcgb
Warrior
(3)

Here is the pop up that constantly pops up on my computer.

0 Reps
mcgb
Warrior
(3)

Here is the pop up that constantly pops up on my computer.

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)
Solution

@mcgb

Thank you for the screen shots.  As I mentioned in my last post, this is normal when Mozy is attempting to auto-update.  For unknown reasons Windows UAC (User Account Control) some times doesn't recognize our software as a known publisher only when auto-updating.

That's okay if you are still concerned, just manually update Mozy from here:

Mozypro 2.36.3 for Windows

Mozyhome 2.36.3 for Windows

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support