Not solved yet! When to uninstall MozyHome from old computer?
My old computer with Mozyhome is Windows Vista. My new computer is Windows 7.
I have restored my music files to my new computer using Mozy and transferred most of my other files manually. The only thing left is my pictures. This is a big (20 gig) set, and I am wondering what the best strategy is to transfer it. If I do a restore to the new computer, then uninstall Mozy from the old computer, and install it on my new computer, will I Mozy have to re-upload all my files from scratch?
It'll be faster to move the files from your old computer to your new one directly through your network or an external storage device. Downloading 20 gb will take a while, where you could do it in less than an hour otherwise.
And yes, after you're done moving the files install Mozy on the new machine. You don't HAVE to uninstall it from the other, but no point in keeping it on the old computer unless you plan on using both and backing up both.
- Please remember to mark the solution post and give thumbs up to helpful posts.
I went ahead with the photo restore to my new computer and it is complete. Here's what I've done exactly - my problem is below.
1) Manually transferred documents; deleted about half of files from my old computer and ran Mozy backup (so in theory these should be gone from my Mozy account online)
2) Completed restore by sets for Music, Video, and Pictures to new computer
3) Uninstalled MozyHome on old computer (vista)
4) Installed MozyHome on new computer (Windows 7). When I signed in to my account, I selected the option to disable old computer and replace it with this one.
** My old computer and my new computer have the same name!!
Problem: MozyHome appears to want to back up everything that is on my new computer!! Nothing on the new computer is new...I have not created any new files that weren't on the old computer and so on Mozy servers (except for the files that I deleted from my old computer and then backed up Mozy).
This is about 9000+ files and it will take forever just like the first time I used mozy. I though Mozy was not going to back up the same files?? HELP PLEASE!