We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/New-computer-transfer-from-old-computer/td-p/93806

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
Luker
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

New computer transfer from old computer

I am replacing a computer. I have run the restore on my new computer and it shows the green bar fully completed and says complete with 39 GB loaded from the old computer.. I have loaded Mozy backup. However, I cannot figure out how to get the package to load the files onto the new computer. any ideas?

0 Reps
mozyexpert
(9)

Re: New computer transfer from old computer

@Luker  Once you have run the restore on the new computer, the files are downloaded to your machine.  The Mozy Restore Manager will display the files restored, and the file path to which they were downloaded.

You do not have to load Mozy backup software to access the restored files from the Mozy Restore Manager.  The Mozy Restore Manager has already put the files onto your computer.  In order to load the files, you may need to access the application that can load the files. 

For example, if you restored a Microsoft Word document, you can load it by accessing it Microsoft Word and opening the restored file from within Microsoft Word.  Mozy backs up and restores files but not applications, so you will still need to have the application on the new computer in order to open your restored files.  Therefore, if you do not have Microsoft Word (or a similar word processing application) on your new computer, you will not be able to open a Microsoft Word document.  This applies to other file types as well.

Thank You,

Jacob S.

Forum Moderator

Knowledge Base: http://mozy.force.com/support/mozyKnowledgeBase

Community Forum: http://community.mozy.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ScottS1
(182)
Solution

@Luker

From what you are describing, I suggest that you pause the restore if you are restoring your files. Then reboot. Then start the restore again and it should complete (Ensure you have a good connection).

Are you performing the restore on the new machine? If so, are you doing it via the software? Or the website?

Software - Click on Restore and choose your date then click Restore

Website - Log into secure.mozy.com and then Restore Files and follow the Restore Wizard

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@Luker

We haven't heard from you since your initial post.  Please update this thread and let us know if you have found a solutions or if any of the solutions provided were helpful.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(182)

@Luker

Just checking in. Did you have any other questions? We will be marking this thread as resolved. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps