Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
NurdBurd
Assassin
(6)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mystery Backup Set(s)

I am at the Mozy Home-Settings-Backup Sets screen.  Only one set is visible - Carl's #1 of 5.6 GB consisting of 4,695 files.  At the bottom of this screen, 102.7 GB consisting of 52,131 files is displayed. 1) Where is this mystery Backup Set located? 2) Why doesn't it show on this screen?
Thank you.

ScottS1
(127)

Re: Mystery Backup Set(s)

@NurdBurd

It sounds to me that key components are not functioning as intended. There should be no hidden backup sets. Try adding antivirus exclusions first:

- http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Add-Mozy-exclusions-to-your-anti-virus-software

Then restart the MozyHome Backup Service in services.msc (Type services.msc after you press the Windows key). Open it again and check your Backup Sets to see if they are accurate.

If this fails, completely stop the MozyHome Backup Service and:

- Go to C:\Program Files\MozyHome\Data

- Rename state.dat to state.dat.old

- Rename scancache.dat to scancache.dat.old

- Rename changes.dat to changes.dat.old

Start the service again, then open MozyHome again and let me us know if this corrects the issue! (The above files force MozyHome to re-acquaint itself and re-scan for changes to force it into an accurate state).

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

JaredG
(479)
Solution

@NurdBurd

Did you check your file selection in the "File System" tab?

Backups sets are a separate location to select data with custom rules or default rules.

An example of a backup set would be where you create a backup set or edit an existing backup set that designates a specific folder or number of folders you want backed up but has a rule that allows only Jpeg pictures to be backed up in the designates folders that are selected for backup in this backup set.

File system has no rules to set and are specific to folders and files that you select directly.

Let us know if you find any data selected in File System.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
NurdBurd
Assassin
(6)

Howdy JaredG,

I have excluded those Mozy Home folders/files from both Malwarebytes and Norton.  I then rebooted the system and an older symptom problem arose - "The application (mozystat.exe) was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022).  Click Ok to close the application."  This error message presents itself every time I boot or reboot.  With the other T/S that I am doing, I really could use this function.  any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

JaredG
(479)

@NurdBurd

Sorry for all the trouble here.  It sounds like maybe some of our install files are corrupt.

At this point I would reinstall Mozy considering the errors reporting and I would expect Mozy to function properly this next time around now that exclusions are in place in your antivirus. (Antivirus will at times corrupt files that are required for Mozy to work)

If you would like to uninstall Mozy you will be asked to keep your settings for a future install which should be okay to do in this situation.

When installing Mozy again you should be asked to use the original settings.

Here is the link to the latest version of Mozyhome for Windows (This is your version)

Here is the link to the latest version of Mozypro for Windows

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@NurdBurd

I am showing that your last backup today is reporting a DBError5. 

If exclusions to your antivirus have been added already you may follow the instructions to clear out the corrupt database file.  The instructions to delete the manifest.dat file requires the use of command prompt and can be a bit complicated.

Here are the instructions to clear the manifest.dat for a DBError5

Or you my just uninstall Mozy without saving settings for a future install when prompted when uninstalling.

Let us know how that works.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@NurdBurd

Just checking in. Did you have any questions regarding the advice presented by Jared and myself?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@NurdBurd

Please respond. I will be marking this thread as resolved shortly. If you have additional questions, let us know.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@NurdBurd

We haven't heard from you in about a week and a half.  Did you check the file system tab for folders selected?  Since the "File System" tab is a separate location where you can select files and folders directly.

If you have solved your issue, please let us know how or mark the correct post as a solution.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@NurdBurd

Just checking in. Did you have any other questions or were the solutions Jared and I able to resolve your concerns? We will be marking this thread as resolved soon, so please respond if you need anything related to this topic.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps