Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Thinking About Signing Up for MozyPro?
Are you a new customer looking to protect your business data? Or maybe you're a MozyHome user who needs to make sure their work-related documents are protected and are thinking of upgrading to MozyPro? See why you should and how to do it in today's post.
Anan
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

MozyServerError12

My MozyHome Free backed up fine yesterday but today I keep getting MozyServerError12. Most recent thread I could find was three years ago. Is there a generally accepted solution or are does Mozy take its servers down periodically without telling us?

0 Reps
Ananisapta
Warrior
(5)

Re: MozyServerError12

I tried a clean install. I'm able to connect to my stored data using the same credentials as I installed and reinstalled with. Now I'm getting MozyServerError17. It would have saved me a lot of time if I'd seen this in the beginning instead of #12.

0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

@Anan   MozyServerError12 occurs when the backup software could not communicate properly with the Mozy servers.

To resolve the issue
Reboot the computer and then run another backup.

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
Anan
Warrior
(5)

Rebooting was not a solution. Waiting until Mozy got its server back up was the solution. I was just wishing they would have a better way of letting us know when the problem is at their end.

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

@Anan,

Typically, a MozyServerError12 is a temporary issue with communication between your client and the back end. Typically a reboot will help, as long as it's not that something else is blocking Mozy on the machine, but usually giving it a little time will resolve the issue. I show that your machine was able to backup successfully 10 hours ago, is everything working better with your backups now? Please click Accept as Solution if this issue is resolved, or let us know if you have anything further I can help you with.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
Anan
Warrior
(5)

Everything is working OK at present. I can't endorse reboot as a solution because it didn't work for me. I suspect my problem was at Mozy's end, and would still like them to give me better info when they have a server problem. Everybody knows servers occasionally have problems, so it shouldn't hurt to admit that Mozy's servers do too. It's been rare enough. Games I play are down for server maintenance once a week on average and this is the first time in years I've seen a server problem at Mozy.

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

@Anan,

You're correct, it can occasionally be a hiccup on the servers or heavy traffic.  Typically if the error is repeating due to issues, or they're working on maintenance that will affect backups, an alert will go out or be put up here in the Community. However,  they don't put out an alert if it's just one machine getting the error once or twice in a 24 hour period. We haven't had any maintenance and outages in the last few days that would have caused this, but it could have been a minor hiccup in the communication between your machine and our servers that's resolved itself now.

Angela G.
0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @Anan,

We're glad to hear that the backups are working well for you, and since this issue is resolved we're going to mark the thread as such. However, if you need anything further, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
0 Reps