Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
thunker
Elite Level 2
(14)

MozyServerError12 for at least 2 weeks

I've been away from this computer for some time. When I came back I started seeing MozyServerError12 messages and the history shows that there hasn't been a successful backup for at least 2 weeks because of it. I rebooted and started the backup and got the same error. Support ticket with log file time? Thought I'd post here first.

(sorrry if I've multiposted, thought it didn't post the first couple times for reasons)

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(210)

Re: MozyServerError12 for at least 2 weeks

In this case as there are no current known General issues with that error message I would indeed advise making a support ticket on the matter, and submitting logs. Feel free to contact us when you are ready!

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-contact-Support

I have also made a case for you that you can send your log files on. Expect an email shortly that you can respond to. 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
thunker
Elite Level 2
(14)

Uploading logs on the case you created for me. Thanks!

0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@thunker

You may always post questions on this thread if you'd like, however just continue to work with Benjamin on the case and when you have any progress maybe update this thread.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
thunker
Elite Level 2
(14)

In what way is the above post by Benjamin_C on 12/3/2017 a solution? (It is marked as such.)

Yes, a support ticket was created, and yes I uploaded my logs on the ticket. As suggested here, I would continue to ask questions as needed on this thread, and update it when a solution is found. 

But marking this as solved because a support ticket has been opened? I don't think so.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(133)

@thunker

We can remove the solution mark. However, you still must work with him on the ticket. We are required to mark the ticket as a solution if the solution has been moved elsewhere on a case. However, if you insist that we do not mark this thread as a solution, then we can do so. What other questions do you have?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
thunker
Elite Level 2
(14)

Hi ScottS1,

Of course I'm willing to work with him on the ticket. I would not say that the solution has been moved elsewhere on this case. There is currently no solution. I guess he hasn't finished analyzing the logs yet.

I consider this thread an active one, though I'm hopeful that I'll hear back on the support ticket. 

I would suggest that anyone searching these forums for a solution to a similar problem would probably not consider anything in the thread at the moment a solution.

When we get one, I'll post it in the thread, or mark it as solved it someone else has posted it. 

In the mean time, I appreciate your not marking it as solved. 

Still not backing up with MozyServerError12.

Dave

0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@thunker

That was by fault.  I marked this thread as a solution.

Just let us know what you find out with Benjamin when you have a solution and post any time.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
thunker
Elite Level 2
(14)

I heard back from Benjamin and he said:

Alright we have taken a look into this, and have a couple options! What is going on is you have your app-data folder selected for backup. While there are a few files in that folder that are good to backup, for the most part those file are Temporary files, aka files that are created and deleted daily. Each day we then try to backup these files.

The reason this became a problem is we have something called a Manifest. It's the list of all files you have ever had or deleted from your machine. It allows us to let you restore older versions of files. As you have so many files constantly 'adding and deleting' daily in that folder the Manifest has ballooned to be so large you backup can no longer run.

What you will need to do is delete the machine from your account, then re-add it. This will reset the Manifest allowing backups. As there would be a window where you don't have a backup (due to the deleted machine) I would instead suggest renaming your machine in Windows, then backing it up again, (making it so both machines are on the account). Once the 'new' machine is backed up you would then delete the old machine to save space.

Either way I would advise not backing up the whole appdata folder, but instead only sub-folders that have content you actually need. Else you may have to do this again in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need help on this process!

Benjamin
~Mozy Support

I'm trying out his advice. I'll report back.

Dave

0 Reps