We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/MozyPro-won-t-backupon-Server/td-p/93660

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
Solved (Go to Solution)

MozyPro won't backupon Server

Hello, I am using MozyPro on Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials. I have been trying to find the correct patch or update but I am not able to locate it. My server is not able to do a Windows Update, which is apparently why Mozy can't backup. This error started 59 days ago. I assume it may be when it downloaded the newest version of Mozy. Do you know if others are having this issue? I have tried everything I can come up but no luck. Should I revert to the previous version of Mozy?  Here is the error I am getting when Mozy won't backup:

MozyFilterError0

ScottS1
(182)
Solution

Re: MozyPro won't backupon Server

@eatenzor

Ensure that you are on Service Pack 1 as well:

- https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sbs/2011/05/05/windows-server-2008-r2-sp1-should-be-installed-on...

You won't be able to install the patch below without it:

- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/SecurityAdvisories/2015/3033929

But first update to SP1. Then download the appropriate patch above. Also open services.msc and ensure that Windows Updates is started. Your Windows Updates must be active for any of these features to function.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps

Yes I am on SP 1, which came standard with SBS 2011 Essentials.  So, should I run the patch only?  I assume the first link you sent is the actual SP1., which I have?

Thanks, EvanI

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@eatenzor

Actually Microsoft does not provide a standalone SHA-2 code signing update for any 2011 servers for no know reason, however If you service pack one installed and you have installed all your Windows updates, then you should technically have the SHA-2 update included at this point and Mozy will run.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps

I downloaded and installed the 3033929 as suggested and it fixed my issue.  Thanks ScottS1  !!

0 Reps