Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Highlighted
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

MozyHome has terminated unexpectedly on my computer

When I check for the problem, I get a MozyDBError5 notice.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(136)
Solution

Re: MozyHome has terminated unexpectedly on my computer

@044532104

Thanks for reaching out today. I'm investigating your account and I see what you are experiencing. Since you are continually getting DBError5, please follow this article below:

- http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Error_Message/MozyDBError5

Of course you will also want to add MozyHome as an exclusion by following the steps here as well in case it's being blocked:

- http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Add-Mozy-exclusions-to-your-anti-virus-software

If all of this fails, consider uninstalling MozyHome and reinstalling the software (Uninstall, reboot, install). You may just want to skip to this step first if you want to avoid troubleshooting in general. Are you using Windows 10 by chance? If so, download Mozy in the link below. Consider first uninstalling the version you have now. Then restore your files, as when you reinstall Mozy you will lose the old data stored on our servers. Instructions are here. Then install Mozy from the link below:

- https://mozy.com/product/download/backup/mozyhome

Let me know if this helped you.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@044532104

I can see that your backups are still failing with a DBError5 reporting.  Correcting this error can be tricky but in order to delete the manifest.dat file using the instructions from the last post, and you must stop Explorer.exe using Windows Task Manager or the manifest.dat file can not be deleted and must also be deleted using command prompt.

If you're having any troubles please post and let us know.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@044532104

We haven't heard back from you since your initial post and I'm still seeing the same error reporting.  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(136)

@044532104

Were the steps above helpful? Please let us know. We will be marking this thread as resolved soon. Let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Scott
Mozy Support

0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@044532104

I see that you are getting the same DBError5 reporting and we haven't heard back from you since your initial post.  Please let us know if you're having trouble with the instructions that will correct this error.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(136)

@044532104

We have not heard from you recently and will be marking this thread as resolved shortly. Please respond if you have additional questions or if the above-mentioned suggestions were successful.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @044532104,

It looks like we haven't heard back from you in quite a while, so we're hoping that means this thread is solved and we're going to mark it as such. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps