Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
The Latest from The Mozy Blog: What's new with Mozy?
A couple new updates have been released for the Windows and Mac clients as well as some new features in the latest Linux client. Check out our latest blogs for all the details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
April's webinar will be presented on Wednesday, 04/26 at 9AM PDT. Sign up today!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
debbiefain
Elite Level 1
(10)
Solved (Go to Solution)

MozyClientError3

I have had this error appear for the past two weeks and keep getting told by support to 'Look for details like "Backup Interrupted," and see if you can determine something about why the file(s) could have kept you from a 100 % successful backup. '

The 'Other Details' shows nothing.

Any ideas????

remymozy
(86)

Re: MozyClientError3

@debbiefain

It looks like Mozy couldn't make a secure connection. This can happen when you use public wi-fi or network which doesn't allow access of port 443, which is a secure port that Mozy transmits information over.  It looks like the most recent backup on your account did go through 16 hours ago successfully so 443 is now available and appears to have been resolved. Are you still experiencing any issue?

debbiefain
Elite Level 1
(10)

Yes I am.

I have had 18 error messages since March 18. This just isn't right.

I do not use a public wi-fi.

Any ideas?

Benjamin_C
(110)

In this case, I want you to try a few things. First, follow this article:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Error_Message/ConnectionError7

If it still doesn't work, you will need to add specific ports to your firewall. It's listed at the end of that article, ports 80 and 443. Add those ports to your firewall, both inbound and outbound directions. 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
debbiefain
Elite Level 1
(10)

I contact my antivirus provider and told them 'Mozy requires both port 80 TCP/UDP and 443 TCP/UDP to be open to run backups. ' The tech worked on the program said that both ports are open.

I will attempt another backup

ShawnL
Community Manager
(434)

@debbiefain - Let us know how it turns out. Should you have any issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you further. 

Thank you for using the Mozy forum!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
JaredG
(396)
Solution

@debbiefain

I can see that Mozy is intermittently reporting a ClientError3 where some backups are successful and some are not, and this error maybe attributed a to a specific file that is failing to backup.

1.  Open the Mozy settings and go the history tab.

2.  Click on start time and date of the last backup that reports a MozyClientError3 which will display the history for that backup below.

3.  In the history that is displayed below, click on the column to the right that says "Other Details" which will sort all the files with the same detail information.

4. Look for anything under "Other Details" that says "Unable to prepare file for backup" or "unable to open file for backup", or some indication that the file for files have failed to backup.

5.  If you find any files that failed to upload then locate the file(s) name and path and click on the "File System" tab in the settings and locate the failing files and uncheck them from the backup selection.

6.  Click okay to save your settings and then start another manual backup.

I there were any failing files then this should correct the problem.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(33)

@debbiefain

Have you had any success with backups? Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

debbiefain
Elite Level 1
(10)

It seems that the only time I have a successful backup is when the browser is not open. That should not be an issue should it?

angelag
Community Manager
(622)

@debbiefain,

I wouldn't think the browser should cause too much of an issue, unless it has an odd setting in place or it's using up too many resources on your machine.

Are the time and date, and the timezone correct on your computer? I see you have an open case with Conor, I'm going to go ahead and take control of the case and email you to get your log files. I'd like to take a look and see if I can diagnose the issue further.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support