We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/MozyClientError3-NO-BACKUP-for-3-Weeks/td-p/93805

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
alann
Student
(1)
Solved (Go to Solution)

MozyClientError3 NO BACKUP for 3 Weeks

I have had no backup for 3 weeks!

I have created case  01672365 with no resolution.

Can someone here help me or explain why this isn't being resolved?

Thanks 

francis2...

Student
(0)

Re: MozyClientError3 NO BACKUP for 3 Weeks

I have the same problem. No response to my case either.

now looking for substitutes.

0 Reps
mozyexpert
(9)

@alann@francis2018 

MozyClientError3 is a known issue and our engineers are working on a solution as a top priority.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  Among other solutions, you can set up the 2x protect option, which is a local backup.  This has helped some customers in your situation.  

To enable the 2x protect, please follow the steps in this guide.  This will set up a local backup until our engineers release the solution.

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Understanding-Local-Backups

Thank You,

Jacob S.

Forum Moderator

Knowledge Base: http://mozy.force.com/support/mozyKnowledgeBase

Community Forum: http://community.mozy.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Reps
alann
Student
(1)

Can you give us some kind of explanation as to what the problem is, it's been 3 weeks and you haven't been able to fix it yet.

This means it's not just some minor programming error.

I've heard this is also affecting a very large part of the users.

So an explanation, or should we just be looking for a new backup? 

0 Reps
mozyexpert
(9)

@alann

There is a heavy load on one of the Data Centers, and this has required hefty maintenance.  It was not anticipated.  Our engineers are working aggressively on the problem to fix it as soon as possible.

Jacob S.

Forum Moderator

Knowledge Base: http://mozy.force.com/support/mozyKnowledgeBase

Community Forum: http://community.mozy.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@alann

Encryption/malformed hashing is occurring. This means that SHA-2 (Our most robust encryption option) for a smaller percentage of customers is occurring and we are working to resolve why. This results in ClientError3, or the rejection of the ingested hashed data utilizing SHA-2.

We have noticed other customers reporting to the problematic data center have since resumed backups without error. However, we are locating any and all other customer percentages affected by this malformed hash occurring.

We are attempting to apply a one-time fix. However, we've found that it sometimes fails. Therefore, we are fervently waiting on our Development and Level 2, 3 and 4 staff to roll out a permanent fix.

It's an all hands on deck situation. If you would like for us to work with on a case-by-case basis, please let us know.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
alann
Student
(1)

Any timeline for a solution yet?

0 Reps
MJA
Warrior
(4)

Same problem.  No backups for 12 days.  My wife has the identical computer/OS and has had no issues.

We are paying for backups, but not getting backups.  This is really an unacceptable situation.

It is also why we pay to have two different/competing backup services.  In the past I depended solely on Mozy and when I had to restore a critical file I discovered the restore was corrupted.  Mozy support told me that it was up to me to make sure that incrementally backed up files (versioning) restored correctly by testing restores on a constant basis.  Give me a break.

Currently we use a competitor (switching a competitor) as our other service.  Crazy to have to pay two companies for the same protection, but since I may actually need to restore valid backed-up data I just can't trust Mozy alone.

If this issue doesn't get resolved soon, or there is no ongoing communication from Mozy about what they're doing to fix this, then it may be time to leave Mozy for a competitor.  a competitor keeps offering me deals to switch, maybe it's worth a try.

SAD

MJA
Warrior
(4)

So much for freedom of expression.  In my prior post I mentioned the other backup service we use (as a backup to Mozy not working) and also a company we may switch to.  Mozy deleted the names of both of those businesses.  

I guess if your product has troubles, hiding the names of the competition will keep people from finding them.

SAD

JaredG
(825)

@MJA

@alann

We will be releasing a fix for this problem this week should have this resolved by Friday.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps