We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/MozyClientError16-no-files-are-selected-to-backup/td-p/93602

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
errolwall
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

MozyClientError16 - no files are selected to backup?

No backup was done last night.  Something apparently deleted all my selections in the file system backup and I reselected.  Attempting to do backup now.   I selected 49.4 GB of files and the "Backup in Progress" is showing backed up =20137 files (904.1 MB) with 2581 Files awaiting backup for 78.7 GB which is approximately 30 GB more than I've selected. 

Thoughts?

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)
Solution

Re: MozyClientError16 - no files are selected to backup?

@errolwall

When a ClientError16 starts reporting unexpectedly and no files are selected for backup it's usually means that antivirus or antimalware programs have interfered with our software.

To fix this problem so that it doesn't happen again you will need to add exclusions to your antivirus or antimalware program (if any).

This link will direct you to our knowledge base with a list of exclusions to add to your antivirus or antimalware program.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(182)

@errolwall

Have you had any success with the suggestion provided? Did you have any other questions we can address for you?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@errolwall

We have not heard from you recently and will be marking this thread as resolved shortly. If you still need help, kindly let us know.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@errolwall

I can see consistent successful backups since your initial post on 12/18/17.

Please let us know what your solution was and mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps