We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Mozy-sync-installation/td-p/94071

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
toadrana
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy sync installation

I keep getting this error on one laptop.  The first one installed okay.  Both running Windows 7. 

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

Re: Mozy sync installation

@toadrana

After checking your account I see two computers backing up.  One computer reports the first backups on 12/13/17 then no errors reporting with no backups until today's manual backup that was successful.

Could you open the Mozy settings under the "Options" tab, then under the sub tab "Scheduling" change the automatic backup setting to 12 times per day so we can see what happens after a few multiple automatic attempts.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@toadrana

Did you have any questions regarding Jared's suggestions?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)
Solution

@toadrana

Sorry, I did not see the screen shot  you posted until now.  With that said, I see the issue now at hand.

You need to make sure you have all your Windows updates installed and download and install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ runtime.

Here is a link to Microsofts website with links to download Vusyak C++ runtime.

Once updated and installed please let us know if that works.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(825)

@toadrana

Did you see my last post?  Make sure that you have all your Windows updates installed and try again.

Please let us know how that goes for you.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@toadrana

Just checking in. Did you have any luck with the suggestions provided? Please respond soon, as we will be marking this thread as resolved without a response.

Regards,

Scott
Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@toadrana

We will now mark this thread as resolved. Kindly open a new thread if you need anything else addressed!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps