Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Highlighted
echarting
Warrior
(6)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy supporting my personal website.

I would like to know if Mozy is supporting my own personal website [personal info removed]

[personal info removed]

Thank you.

angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

Re: Mozy supporting my personal website.

Hi @echarting,

We've removed the personal details from your comment, as we don't recommend putting those in such a public forum as this.

To answer your question, Mozy will back up files that are on our computer, but cannot backup files directly from the web. So you'd most likely want to make a backup of your personal website and save it to your computer first, and then select that to be backed up by Mozy through the Mozy settings.

Many online hosting companies for websites and blogs offer a way to export your data to be stored locally on your machine, which they also allow to be imported back in should you ever need to. In this case the exported data that is stored locally can be backed up with Mozy.

To select files in the Mozy settings, see: How do I select files for backup?

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(479)

@echarting

Was Angela able to answer all of your questions?  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@echarting

Hi there, just checking in. Do you still need assistance or do you have any questions we can answer for you? I just wanted to be certain you are comfortable with the information provided and that we can place this thread in a Resolved status. We will be doing so shortly. If you still need help, let us know.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

@echarting,

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're hoping that means this is resolved and we're going to mark it as such. Please don't hesitate to let us know or create a new thread if you have anything further you need assistance with.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps