Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Moondoggy
Elite Level 1
(16)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy status message after Windows 10 Fall Upgrade

After Windows 10 Fall Creator's upgrade Mozy now places a large notification in the Action Center located in the lower right hand corner of the system tray.  To me, I would like to know if Mozy failed for any reason to backup my files however I find it a bit annoying to see a notification message just informing me that Mozy is backing up my files.  Is there a way that one can control the types of messages that Mozy can display?

ScottS1
(127)

Re: Mozy status message after Windows 10 Fall Upgrade

@Moondoggy

Thanks for reaching out! Yes it's possible. Here is what I suggest doing:

1. Double-click on Mozy in the task tray
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Click on Options
  4. Click on Advanced
  5. Uncheck the button that says "Show status when a backup completes"

Let me know if that helps! Also as a side note... if that box is grey simply click above Help, OK, and Cancel on the text that states "Change settings that are currentl unavailable" and click Yes or Allow to make those changes. Mozy will re-open, with Administrative privileges. Go back following the steps above and uncheck the box mentioned and click OK.

I hope this helps! Let us know if this resolves your concern, if so don't forget to mark this advice as the solution!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

Moondoggy
Elite Level 1
(16)

ScottS1,

Thanks for the reply.  I checked my settings and the setting you mentioned was already unchecked.  I tried to take a snapshot of the message that's appearing to add to this post but none was displayed but apparently these messages are only being displayed if the backup is taking place automatically when the computer is idle.  I have my PC setup so that it performs this function twice a day that way.  

Apparently thru Settings/notifications and actions I can turn off notifications from Mozy so they'll no longer appear which I've now done.  I just hope that if there's some real backup failure Mozy will notify me thru an on screen message as opposed to using the Action Center.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)
Solution

@Moondoggy

Do you have any 3rd party notification programs that could be overlapping with standard alerts aside from the standard Windows Alerts found under:

- Notifications & Actions (Windows 10)

- Notification Area (Windows 7, 8, 10)

Examples of 3rd party notification software involve:

- Powerful Task Scheduler

- QuickLaunch

- Etc.

If so, consider uninstalling that software and try again. I do not have any interfering software and have no need to show notifications from Mozy simply due to the fact that only Mozy Sync requires this ability.

Are your UAC settings disabled? If so, consider changing them back to a Recommended value as opposed to having UAC completely turned off.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

Moondoggy
Elite Level 1
(16)

I have full admin rights on my account and I'm unaware of any overlapping programs.  I did notice today that since I disabled the notification for Mozy in Windows 10, I did not receive any notification today so I think I'm good to go.

JaredG
(479)

@Moondoggy

Is the Mozy icon in the system tray next to the clock/time and date, or is the Mozy icon hiding in the system tray by clicking on the up arrow to show hidden icons?  If Mozy is showing in the system tray next to the clock and is not in the hidden area (by clicking the up arrow next to the clock) then try dragging the Mozy icon from next to the clock to the hidden area in the system tray.  I'm not 100% sure what is happening but if what I'm directing you to do here doesn't work, then maybe you could attempt to post a screen shot again so we can see what you're talking about.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(127)

@Moondoggy

Did you have additional questions? Was Jared and I able to help you?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
Moondoggy
Elite Level 1
(16)

ScottS1,

Sorry for not posting a reply until now but I've been down in the back.

Actually, you mentioned turning off notifications in an earlier post and that has solved my issue.

Thanks.

JaredG
(479)

@Moondoggy

Thank you for the update.  I've gone a head and marked the appropriate post as the resolution.

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps