Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jctl
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy is double uploading dropbox folder?

My documents folder is linked to my dropbox account to be backed up there and is also part of my Mozy backup set. However, ever since I linked the documents folder to the dropbox account, the folder is using up twice as much space in my Mozy account. No matter how many times I try to change the folder selection settings, I can't get the folder to backup with the proper space use. I don't know if this is something that can be solved - it might be something that I caused by linking the folder that I can't fix.

Owyn
Overlord Level 2
(655)
Solution

Re: Mozy is double uploading dropbox folder?

Hello, I also back up my data both with Mozy and Dropbox using same folder and files and see no such problem, if files are updated via dropbox then of course mozy would reupload those files, but only changed files and only changed parts of those files.

Mozy should not nor can take up double space for the same file or files within one location (if you have two copies of one files in two folders then it would take double space yes)

Anyway, you could see what is taking your space away by going to "My Account" link on this page, logging in, going to "Restore files" page and seeing what files & folders you have there backed up and which takes how much space.