Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Keep your files in Sync with Mozy & What's new with Mozy Windows and Linux clients?
Learn more about Sync as well as Windows and Linux clients in the latest community blogs!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
rseiler
Elite Level 1
(8)

Mozy incompatible with Windows 10 (17063)

Just a heads up that 2.32 and even 2.36 will not fly with 17063. It will trigger a GSOD upon boot:

SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD

Bugcheck d4. The screen cites mozyfilter.sys.

This is the first Insider release of Windows 10 that has been incompatible (I've tried them all).

0 Reps
rseiler
Elite Level 1
(8)

Re: Mozy incompatible with Windows 10 (17063)

To what extent is Mozy usable without this driver loading?  I ask, because it may be a while.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(161)

@rseiler

We have recently rolled out and even more up-to-date version which may address this and a few other issues reported. Please download the latest version here:

https://www.mozypro.com/downloads/mozy-2_36_3_633-92349.exe

It is version 2.36.3.633. Let me know if that helps! Be sure to uninstall the version you have, save your backup selection, reboot, then install the latest version above. Although the domain shows MozyPro, it is the string for MozyHome.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
rseiler
Elite Level 1
(8)

Thanks, I had only tried the 631 build, not 633.

Regarding the uninstall, saving the backup config file (conf.dat, I assume), etc., is that something that you generally recommend or particular to this case?  I've never upgraded that way before, but it's always upgraded.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(161)

@rseiler

In this scenario you should be OK saving the conf.dat file. However, upon uninstall, you will be prompted to save your backup selection. Simply choose "Yes", as this will preserve the file mentioned. So uninstalling from Programs and Features and following this path will save it for you already.

This file merely contains your backup selection and Backup Sets you may have originally specified. Once imported upon installing the version with the link provided, be sure to review your settings under:

- Options > Scheduling (In case you defined a schedule previously)

The 633 build, I am told, will contain a certificate fix built into the software. Let me know how it goes for you.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
rseiler
Elite Level 1
(8)

That didn't make a difference. As soon as the installer loaded the driver at the end of the install, poof, which surprised me since I didn't expect it to happen until reboot.  Fortunately, I have a bootable USB stick so I can go in and rename the driver and get back in to Windows without much trouble.

I know you had some earlier issues tying to certificates, but I think this is something else entirely. It's probably an Insider build problem though and not something for you to resolve, since it's a moving target.

Is Mozy usable without the driver?

And on installs in general, my earlier question was more about the need to uninstall. I was just asking if that's actually needed (this problem aside), since if it were, I would have thought that the installer would make mention of it or do it itself. It doesn't, it just installs, asks to reboot, and works (this problem aside, I mean in general).

0 Reps
JaredG
(782)

@rseiler

Actually you need to try downloading 2.34.0.600 from here and install this version.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
rseiler
Elite Level 1
(8)

It's interesting that you think 2.34 would work, when versions before it and after it do not, but as soon as I can get it I'll try it, even though I'm all but positive that this is something that needs to be fixed in the OS. Macrium Reflect is apparently also affected.

I see the non-Pro link in the other thread, this one:

https://community.mozy.com/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/MozyHome-Backup-Service-doesn-t-start-after-upgrade-t...

But it's not the same problem at all. Are you saying that you think one stone will kill two separate birds?

0 Reps
JohnLusher
Student
(1)

I have the exact same issue.  Is there any fix for this coming?

I have version 2.36.3.633

John

0 Reps
rseiler
Elite Level 1
(8)

I think that's a question for MS in a couple weeks when it comes time for a new build. It's not a Mozy-specific problem. Macrium Reflect, for example. Vote up in the Feedback Hub.

Meanwhile, unless someone knows how to use Mozy without it using the driver....

0 Reps