Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Keep your files in Sync with Mozy & What's new with Mozy Windows and Linux clients?
Learn more about Sync as well as Windows and Linux clients in the latest community blogs!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
coldsouth
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy doesn´t recognize me

In the last week my password changed without my knowledge, the name of my computer (just one of three) listed with Mozy changed to one I don´t recognize, and it appears none of my backed up files are listed on the Mozy website.  I get error messages 1 and 5, and nothing is working.  Very strange, and a little disconcerting.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(153)
Solution

Re: Mozy doesn´t recognize me

@coldsouth

I can only assume someone may have hopped onto your computer and you likely had auto-fill enabled on the machine. I am not sure but only speculating (This is a common way for people to gain unauthorized entry).

But at this point it is prudent that you change your password immediately. Also if I may suggest cleaning out auto-fill on your computer and locking it often when you step away.

Go to:

- https://secure.mozy.com

- Click on "Forgot Password"

- Enter your email and fill out the numbers

- Check your email for password reset instructions

Let me know once you are able to log in! Then you can install Mozy on your appropriate system and manage the unknown device as necessary. If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(530)

@coldsouth

Were you able to follow any of Scott's instructions?

Please post any updates.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(153)

@coldsouth

Did you have any other questions? We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly. Please respond if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps