Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
archline
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy and OneDrive

I have been using Mozy to backup some of the files under the OneDrive folder since Windows 10 came out. For instance, D:\OneDrive\SomeFolder where SomeFolder is selected in the Mozy/Settings/FileSystem. Recently, I can no longer see any folders other than d:\OneDriveTemp in Mozy/Settings/FileSystem and the backup quit working. Any solution?

0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

Re: Mozy and OneDrive

@archline

My suggestion would be to view hidden operating system files, in case OneDrive is now categorized as such. To do so:

- Open Mozy

- Click on "Settings"

- Click on "Options"

- Click on "Advanced"

- If the boxes are greyed out, click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"

- If Mozy opens again, navigate back to the same area

- Checkmark "Allow back up and display of protected operating system files"

Now in Backup Sets and File System you should be able to tag the files you are looking for. Let me know if this helps!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
archline
Student
(0)

Strange... Although your suggestion appeared to work initially and I was able to select any folder. After rebooting this morning, the same condition has resumed: I cannot see any folders under the OneDrive folder in File System, so nothing is being backed-up. Any other ideas?

0 Reps
archline
Student
(0)

Now, this is really strange. Without any action on my part, all the folders previously selected under the One Drive folder are now visible and my previous selections appear. This is either a bug or it takes Mozy a while to read the folder structure under OneDrive. Other directory trees appear immediately, just not this one.

Thanks for holding my hand while Mozy fixed itself.

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)
Solution

@archline

It appears as though you have an antivirus or antimalware program that's begun interfering with our software.

If you have any antivirus or antimalware programs running then exclusions need to be added to stop the block on our software.

Use this link to our exclusions list that is required for antivirus or antimalware programs.https://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Add-Mozy-exclusions-to-your-anti-virus-software

Once you add exclusion to the program exclusion list then reboot your computer because even though your antivirus or antimalware program doesn't prompt you to reboot, exclusion often will not take affect until the computer is rebooted.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(479)

@archline

Let us know if you have any questions about the instructions I posted yesterday, or anything else that you think may help us identify the problem.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@archline

Are you still having problems viewing the settings?  Please post any other questions or comments

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@archline

We will be marking this thread as resolved. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps