Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Forgotten Your Password?
Have you forgotten your password? Today's blog post walks you through how to reset it...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
BigBadBill
Elite Level 2
(23)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy Sync - Link Computer screen.

I am TRYING to get Mozy fully operational but can not get past the Mozy Sync - Link Computer screen.  It asks for my Account Name but I don't have a Mozy Account Name but I have an Account.  Where the **bleep** did I go wrong? ? 

How do I answer this question?

BigBadBill

Telemachus
(34)

Re: Mozy Sync - Link Computer screen.

@BigBadBill

You should enter the email address that you use to log in to the MozyHome software

Benjamin_C
(191)

That is correct. Use the email and password you used to sing up for an account. If you have forgotten the password just go in and reset it:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Ive-forgotten-my-password

Let us know if you have anymore questions!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
BigBadBill
Elite Level 2
(23)

Thanks for all the suggestions but I still have the problem.  When I tried to use my email address the screen complained because I had a"@" in my response.  Before I could try the Mozy name I am using the screen went away.  Also the Mozy Icon on my Windows 10 System Tray disappeared.

OK.

So, how do I get the Link screen again ?  The Backups are working OK.

BBB 

JaredG
(654)

@BigBadBill

It sounds like you are entering your email address into something other than the Mozy Sync software (which is not the same as the Mozy backup software as Mozy Sync is used for file sharing a specified folder between multiple computers) otherwise you would not have had an error/complaint that an @ sign was used in the user field designated for the email address.

Are you attempting to setup Mozy Sync for file sharing?  Maybe if you could tell us a little more about what you're trying to accomplish.  

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
BigBadBill
Elite Level 2
(23)

I may be confused but when a screen appears during installation I follow directions.  How do I look at backed up files?

The backups are working OK.  I do not have any Mozy icons anywhere.

Bill

JaredG
(654)

@BigBadBill

I see, you should have a Mozy checker box icon in you system tray next to the clock/time and date in the bottom right corner of your Windows desktop.  Some times you have to click on an up arrow to show hidden icons.  Once you find the Mozy icon, right click on it and choose "View Backed Up File" which will give you a list of files backed up that you may sort by name, file size, etc.

images2.jpg

Or you may look at the backup selection directly in the Mozy settings by going to your Windows Start menu and type "Mozy" and then click on "Mozy Settings" and go to the File System tab to look at your file selection in the folders they're located in rather than just a list to view from the "View Backed Up Files" option.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
BigBadBill
Elite Level 2
(23)
Solution

Looks like I solved my problem.  I clicked on the Windows Icon then opened the Apps and scrolled down to the "M" section and found Mozy Icons.  Selected MozyHome and got the screen(s) I was looking for, also the checkered box suddenly appeared and has been staying on my Sys Bar.

The Mozy Sync Icon also is in the master Mozy icon selection. Why do I need the Mozy Sync function? Should I try to get it to function?

Other than an answer I guess I am OK now.  I downloaded the User Manual which I will print out and bind for future reference.

Many thanks for all who got involved to help me out.

BigBadBill (not really) 

K2CZD in case there are other Hams here.

JaredG
(654)

@BigBadBill

Since Mozy Sync is our file sharing program and if you want to use Mozy Sync you would need to install Mozy Sync on another computer.  Once installed and linked to your computer using your email address and login password, a Mozy Sync folder is created under your Windows user profile and as you add files to the folder they are uploaded to the Mozy cloud and are replicated between all the computers connected to the Mozy Sync folder.

I use Mozy Sync at work and at home so when I save files from home they will be at work when I get there or the same applies when I save files I want access to at home when I save them to my Sync folder at work.

I hope this if helpful.  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(617)

@BigBadBill - Glad to hear everything is up and running. If your issue is resolved, make sure and click on Accept as Solution on the thread post that helped you the most.

Don't forget to check out our new contest started today! 

Shawn L.
Community Manager