We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Mozy-Ignoring-a-folder/td-p/94195

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
Owyn
Emperor Level 1
(734)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy Ignoring a folder

I uninstalled Mozy Sync and now I want to backup its ex folder (V:\Sync\Mozy\" with MozeHome backup software but... if I select it - status would just say that "no files are selected for backup" If I select its root folder or another folder along with it - only that folder would get backed up.

I'm selecting it in file system tab, backup set tab has everything unchecked.

I'm lost on what to do at this moment.

And If I open settings manager via "Change settings hat are currently unavailable" button - then my V:\Sync\Mozy\ Folder isn't even shown in the file system tab or even backup sets, it just gets hidden from selecting

I wouldn't want to simply rename it because there are a lot of files and programs indexed there and it would break work of many applications on my PC.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

Re: Mozy Ignoring a folder

@Owyn

Mozy Sync is exclusively blacklisted to be backed up via the Mozy Backup application. This is built from the ground up to reduce redundant backups and it cannot be changed. Apologies. Consider instead moving that file into a separate folder other than Sync and target it again in File System.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
Owyn
Emperor Level 1
(734)

@ScottS1

but I have no Mozy Sync installed, i UNinstalled it some time ago.

How is MozyHome exclusively blacklisting a folder? simple by it's name "Mozy" or ? How does it determines that a folder belongs to MozySync (which I don't have now)?

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@Owyn

After double checking the way this directory is black listed, I found a Mozy Sync registry key that was probably left behind when Sync was uninstalled causing the Mozy Sync folder to say black listed.

However I'm not able to post an unsupported change to the registry, however with Mozy Sync uninstalled you should just be able to rename the folder and reopen the Mozy settings and then select the renamed folder for backup.  At worst, just create a new folder right beside the Sync folder and cut/move the data from the Sync folder to the new folder and select it for backup.

I hope this is helpful.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
Owyn
Emperor Level 1
(734)
Solution

Ok, so I installed Mozy Sync back, chose a different folder, renamed it, moved it to different location and now... I have TWO folders blacklisted in my mozyhome backup for selection!

that makes absolutely no sense

edit: ok, found out why I couldn't find anything with regedit - registry profile of another windows user is hidden from other users, so I had to launch regedit under that user and I could find mozy sync installation information successfully... but I wish it wasn't so complicated.

0 Reps