Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy File System doesn't match Windows File System choices for selecting files to backup

used mozy for many years.  I noticed there are two data files in Microsoft Outlook that are not getting backed up.

I can find the files in the Windows (10) file folders search, but NOT in the same view in Mozy where I try and select files to backup..  There is no "search" button in Mozy to look for the files I want to back up, and within Mozy File System, I cannot find the folder I want to choose a couple files to backup.

When I'm in the Windows file system app and I right click on the files I want mozy to backup, there's an option to "Add to Mozy Home Backups", but nothing ever happens, they don't really get backed up.

when I use "backup set" in Mozy and tell it to find all the files with the extension I'm wanting (there are 2 files) it finds no files.

In case it matters, these are two Microsoft Outlook data files for IMAP mailboxes, file type is *.OST

they are in \windows8_OS\user\(my first name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

I can't even find in Mozy file system a matching folder tp what windows file manager shows

2 files are here:

\windows8_OS\user\(my first name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

but mozy shows

\windows8_OS\user\(first name and last name)\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft

is this due to some sort of mozy error when i upgraded from WIndows 8 to Windows 10?

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(198)
Solution

Re: Mozy File System doesn't match Windows File System choices for selecting files to backup

I'm sorry to hear about these troubles! What is going on is Windows actually locks .ost files, preventing them from being backuped by a cloud service. 

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Inability-to-backup-Outlook-ost-files

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps

Re: Mozy File System doesn't match Windows File System choices for selecting files to backup

Oh, ok.  so it's that simple?  Just can't back up those two files?

0 Reps
Telemachus
(61)

@HokieGrice,

If you do feel the need to backup your Outlook data, Microsoft suggests you export it to an Outlook.pst file. The instructions for which can be found in the following Microsoft Support article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Export-or-backup-email-contacts-and-calendar-to-an-Outlook-...

Incidentally Mozy does support backing up .pst files

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Telemachus

Mozy Support