Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
AZNana
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Message window: "mozyFilter failed to start" after manual update

Mozy notified me that a manual update was available. I clicked to install; it downloaded, then said "Please wait while Windows configures MozyHome." The green status bar moved all the way across and showed 0 seconds remaining. A second window opened with a warning icon, stating: "Service 'mozyFilter' (mozyfilter) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." 

I didn't know whether to Cancel or Ignore; Retry didn't work. I chose Ignore. Then the installation apparently completed. "Please wait" status bar went gray and new window advising to restart my system has opened.

My questions: What is "mozyFilter"? Will its failing to start during the update create a problem problem? Will that affect Mozy's performance after I restart?

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

Re: Message window: "mozyFilter failed to start" after manual update

@AZNana

Do you know if you are using Windows 10?  If so then you may have a of Windows 10 operation system that is not recognizing Mozy as digitally signed software (which reports as a FilterError0 to answer your question).  If Mozy is still not backing up and reporting the same Filtererror0 then you will need to uninstall Mozy, restart your computer, then install Mozyhome 2.28.2.

Mozy may not work until you reinstall Mozyhome 2.28.2 even if you restart your computer.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@AZNana

Hello. I was just checking up to see if the steps suggested have helped. Let us know when possible.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
Highlighted
AngelinaS
(220)

@AZNana  Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
AZNana
Warrior
(5)

Thanks for your response, Jared. I do have Windows 10. It came on my laptop that I purchased recently. I apologize for my delayed response. I'm not on my computer every day. 

Mozy says it is backing up as scheduled. I opened it just now to check which files are being backed up. My most-recent backup shows 18 hours ago and includes a Dropbox file which I had downloaded from my phone yesterday. I clicked to start a backup and it is running. It shows % transferred and how many files are awaiting backup. 

I'm guessing from Mozy's response that all is well and I do not need to worry or take any further action. Please confirm whether that is correct.

Thanks!

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)
Solution

@AZNana

After checking your backup history I don't see any filter errors but only consistent backups every day.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
AZNana
Warrior
(5)

Thanks for the follow-up! I just recommended Mozy to a friend. 

ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@AZNana - We're so glad to hear that everything is up and running again. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future. 

Thank you for using the Mozy forum!

PS - Check out our community contest!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps

I am running Windows Vista. I have used Mozyhome for many years with no problems. A few days ago I did an update and it is now giving me FilterError0 and will not work. Should I remove MozyHome from my computer and reinstall as suggested?

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(189)

To be honest we are reviewing that specific error, so we would advise Not uninstalling right now, as it probably won't work. We would like to gather logs from you in fact. I have made a case for this issue and you should receive an email about this shortly. 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps