Warp97
Cook
(1)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Manually uninstall MozyHome

I am trying to upgrade my MozyHome from 1.16.4.0 to the new 2.2 version.  When I run the downloaded MSI from this website, my computer gets an error message stating that it cannot uninstall the old version because it can't find the old msi.  So...what are the manual uninstall instructions so that I can remove the old software and perform a clean install or can I get a download of the old MSI file so the uninstall will work properly?

Thanks.

username...

Master Level 1
(2596)

Re: Manually uninstall MozyHome

Warp97 wrote:

I am trying to upgrade my MozyHome from 1.16.4.0 to the new 2.2 version.  When I run the downloaded MSI from this website, my computer gets an error message stating that it cannot uninstall the old version because it can't find the old msi.  So...what are the manual uninstall instructions so that I can remove the old software and perform a clean install or can I get a download of the old MSI file so the uninstall will work properly?

Thanks.

Here is the link to the 1.16.4.0 EXE file if you want to give that a try.

https://mozy.com/downloads/mozy-1_16_4_0.exe

I don't know that I've seen the Mozy app wrapped in an MSI.

Here is what I see when I go to download the MozyHome app:

EXE.JPG

===========================================
I am not a Mozy employee. I am just a long time user.
http://mozy.com/downloads/mozysetup.exe
http://mozy.com/downloads/mozyprosetup.exe
Sparrowh...

Student
(0)

Actually, the EXE files available for download from mozy.com are installer archive files. If you open them with 7zip you will see that there are .msi and .cab files inside.

On a related note, I am having the exact same problem trying to upgrade mozy from 2.2.3 to 2.4.3

I just changed the .exe filename from the download link to fit the version I'm after and I got this:

mozy.com/downloads/mozy-2_2_2_3.exe

It downloaded something, so I assume the link worked.

Unfortunately...this still isn't the right version!

Can anyone figure out the download link to the version I need to be able to uninstall the old version of mozy and upgrade to the new?

geordiep
Student
(0)

The encountered the same issues uninstalling the OLD version during upgrade.

To solve this extract the downloaded Mozy EXE file with WinRAR, 7Zip, etc. to a folder. It will contain the msi files the UNINSTALL needs. When you are prompted to supply the location of the msi file simply point to the extracted folder (from above).

Sparrowh...

Student
(0)

Actually, no, this solution doesn't work for me. I've tried it. It does indeed extract the msi file, but it still rejects it when I tell it to use it.

This is a problem I have run into with other programs and I believe it has something to do with Microsoft Windows Installer. I changed the path of my "Temp" folder in Windows a while back (to a drive with more free space) and I think it messed something up with Windows Installer not being able to find the MSI files where it thought they were.

geordiep
Student
(0)

On my first attempt to unistall I only extracted the mozy-x64.msi file. The unistall failed stating the msi file was invalid.

On my second attempt I extracted everything from the exe file (all the cab and msi files) and re-tried. It worked this time.

Also, I have version 2.2.2.3 install file (mozy-2_2_2_3-13808.exe). I can share this install file with you to try.

Sparrowh...

Student
(0)

I'd be very grateful if you were to help me get my hands on that Mozy EXE file. I think that's the version I need to uninstall it.

geordiep
Student
(0)

I'll send you a private message with the URL from my server.

geordiep
Student
(0)

Did the install file work?

Sparrowh...

Student
(0)

No, it didn't work. I'm sort of nearing my wits' end here. I mean, I know it's a problem with the fact that the original MSI file is gone, but even the 2.2.3 file I downloaded doesn't work...it still rejects it.