Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)
Solved (Go to Solution)

MOZY2X PROTECT

Sir,

How does Mozy2xprotect deal with the 'aready saved' cloud info-

prior to starting to use the Mozy2x protect  facility;

and is it compatible with a Home PC ie:is it necessary to do a restore with a different drive viz:the new hard drive?

TOPGUN Smiley Indifferent

0 Reps
Telemachus
(51)

Re: MOZY2X PROTECT

@TOPGUN

The first local backup will be a mirror of the files in your current Mozy backup selection, placed in a LocalBackup folder in the root of your external drive. If  'already saved' cloud info, refers to previous file versions, they won't be backed up locally at this time. You can configure Mozy 2xProtect to backup older versions of your files. Older file versions from this point forward will be saved locally, to the history folder, as well as online.

The contents of the LocalBackup folder can be restored through the Mozy client. They can also be dragged and dropped or copied and pasted like the contents of any other Windows' folder.

Let us know if you have any other questions

Regards,

Telemachus

Mozy Support

0 Reps
Highlighted
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

Sir,

Will the first recovery of' previously saved files' -not being 'previous versions'- require me to switch off the PC Screen hibernation-to speed up the data retrival, on the first occasion? I know how to do this ok

TOPGUN

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@TOPGUN

No you do not need to switch off the "PC Screen hibernation" to speed up a data restore.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
Telemachus
(51)

2X Protect moves data between local drives. It doesn't require a connection to the Mozy Cloud to work.

Regards,

Telemachus

0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@TOPGUN

Did you have any other concerns we can help address? Does this answer your concerns fully?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

I have a further query-do I need to have the external hard-drive constantly plugged in[which I would normally not do ] -to reflect Mozy coming on at irregular times? viz:

If the external hard drive does not catch the Mozy saving particular data on one occasion ,would it pick this up later-ie: save the data to mozy2xprotect hard drive -on a later occasion?

TOPGUN

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

@TOPGUN,

When you're using 2xProtect the external harddrive does need to be attached every time the backup runs, or you will run into errors and issues with the local backup. It has to see and have access to the external drive during each backup.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

Thanks-this topic is now solved

TOPGUN

JaredG
(454)

@TOPGUN

Thank you for the update.  I have marked a post as a solution.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps