Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
BigBadBill
Elite Level 2
(26)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Locked Out

Went to "MozyHome Settings Utility" screen to change my Backup time but was unable to make any screen changes.

The next problem, my system did not Backup for 14 days and I was not notified.

JaredG
(454)
Solution

Re: Locked Out

@BigBadBill

If you are not able to make any changes it's because Window UAC security is enabled and at a high level, however you can allow for changes to be made by clicking on the link "Changes settings that are currently unavailable" above the "Help, OK, and Cancel" buttons in the Mozy settings.  This will reopen the settings allowing you to make changes.

Also I did not find any errors reporting in the backup history for your computer when the backups stopped on the 19th of September but their was a backup this morning about 1 hour ago from the time I created this post.  This indicates that either the computer was turned off or something was interfering with Mozy like antivirus or anti-malware programs that have begun blocking Mozy.  If you have any of these programs running make sure you add exclusions for Mozy in the program exclusion list (not the do not scan list).  Use this link for which files to exclude in your antivirus or anti-malware programs exclusion list (...

Also you can enable the status window to open when a backup completes("Show status when a backup completes") under the "Options" tab then under the "Advanced".  If you don't see the status window appear regularly after this setting is enabled then you may open the Mozy status window by double left clicking on the Mozy icon in your system tray next to the computers time and date to show the current status of your backups.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(105)

@BigBadBill

Did you have any further questions? Did you need further clarification on Jared's response, or does this resolve your concern?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@BigBadBill

I can see that your backups have been completing successfully since last Thursday the 5th.  Were you able to make changes to the Mozy settings?

Please post any questions or comments, otherwise mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@BigBadBill

We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly. Did you have any other questions we can help address, or does this resolve all of your concerns?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

JaredG
(454)

@BigBadBill

Since your backups have been working now and it's been almost 10 days since your initial and only post on this thread, I have marked it as resolved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps