Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
JennyLucia
Assassin
(8)
Solved (Go to Solution)

It tells me I'm over my limit, but I'm not.

Suddenly Mozy says I'm over my limit so I must upgrade & pay them or I'll lose files. Every time Mozy tried to back up files it says it can do so to all but one, and of course it won't specify which "one". I should have plenty of space left. I deleted a ton of files & I modified Mozy settings to increase space. This wasn't successful no matter how many times I followed Mozy's directions to increase space. Is this a scam?

0 Reps
JennyLucia
Assassin
(8)

Re: It tells me I'm over my limit, but I'm not.

Currently looking into alternative back up programs.  I may have been ready to increase my space and become a paying customer with Mozy in the future, but the fact that they have zero customer service for people who are trying their services out makes me think that they're not a legitimate business and they wouldn't treat their customers very well if I was a paying one either.

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(195)
Solution

A few points of interest here. First you need to open your Mozy Settings and look at your file selection. At the bottom of the file selection screen there should be a bar that tells you how much you have selected. Once you have selected under your quota, run a backup and everything should work fine!

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-select-files-for-backup

Now if the Mozy Settings says you are under you quota and you are still having an issue after the next backup, let us know! (Make sure to let it attempt to backup as the error messages will stay there until a backup is run and 'new' error codes are made.)

As for our support team, we do check these boards regularly and update them, and we also provide a great knowledge base for customers. Paying accounts get even more in the form of 24x7x365 chat or phone service, depending on the account.

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-contact-Support

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
JaredG
(479)

@JennyLucia

Were you able to follow Benjamin's instructions?  If you're having any trouble please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JennyLucia
Assassin
(8)

I was able to solve this but I don't know how to mark it as solved.

ScottS1
(127)

@JennyLucia

No worries Jenny. I've set the solution. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps