Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We've decided to redesign our Mozy Community and we want YOUR feedback. Run on over to our Community Feedback Giveaway and tell us what you think about our current Community, what you'd like to see from a new Community design, or anything else Community-related for a chance at a $50 gift card!

Don't miss it-the giveaway ends on 3/27!

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
Ichorous...

Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

It tells me I'm over my limit, but I'm not.

I have a limit of 2.5 GB and only have 2.0 GB of a backup. I also checked the size on Mozy's site to see if they agree and they do.

Any idea why this is happening. When I've had these warning before they always were correct. Sometimes due to a large file being moved to a folder in the backup set. But I can't see that being the case this time.

AngelinaS
(194)

Re: It tells me I'm over my limit, but I'm not.

@IchorousAllsort   The backup is reporting you have 3GB of data wanting to be backed up.  If the MozyHome settings on the File System tab is not reflecting this, it can be due to user permissions logged in to the computer where there are multiple users for the machine.  Logging into the computer as the administrator of the computer will allow you to see all selected files for backup.  

Or it could be a control file that is not reporting correctly.  To resolve this issue, you can

1.  rename or delete the cache.dat, change.dat, and resume.dat files which are located at C:\Program Files\MozyHome\Data folder.  

2.  Then restart the MozyHome backup service under services.msc as:

a. click on your Windows start button.
b. in the search box, type services.msc
c. open that file.
d. scroll down the list to locate MozyHome Backup.
e. click on it once to highlight
f.  to the left of the list, click on either start, or restart (whichever option is available to you).
g. go back to the Mozy Status window and start a manual backup

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(384)

@IchorousAllsort

On Mach 4th it reported about 2 GBs backing up then on the 5th it was reporting 3 GBs and now it's reporting that your backing up only 0.12 GBs or 120 MBs.  So your backup selection is much lower than it was initially (just so you are aware).

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Ichorous...

Student
(0)
Solution

I checked through the administrator account to see if there was something not showing in my own and there was no difference. It showed 2 GB backed up with a half gig to spare. I didn't expect there to be as I am the main user and I back up the only other user's folder as part of mine, so it was all included.

As I hadn't had any replies yet I just went through it and unticked boxes to bring it right down to a bare minimum and then added back some of the most essential until I got to 1.4 G as it is now.

Perhaps it might have been a control file issue as Angelina suggested but I've solved it for the moment.

Thanks for the replies.

JaredG
(384)

@IchorousAllsort

Yes, it's possible that one of our control files is corrupt and miss calculating.  This is usually caused by antivirus or antimalware programs flagging Mozy.  Even if they've been running for years on your computer, and I often see antivirus or antimalware unexpectedly start flagging Mozy which can cause Mozy to not be able to write to our control files and will cause corruption to the control files.

If you would like to clear the control file that may be causing this issue (C:\program files\Mozy\data\changes.dat) if this happens again follow this link for instructions but at the end of these instructions it says to rename "resume.dat", which is for another issue, you will need to rename "changes.dat".

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
angelag
Community Manager
(528)

Hi @IchorousAllsort,

Just following up with you, is this resolved? Did @JaredG's instructions help? Is there anything further we can assist you with?

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
Ichorous...

Student
(0)

As I said above I resolved it, but without knowing what caused it in the first place. 

I don't know if it was a control file issue and so can't say if Jared's instructions would have helped. All I can say is that I will keep them for future reference should it happen again. 

You can consider this closed. Thank you both.

JaredG
(384)

@IchorousAllsort

Thank you for the update.  If you have any questions in the future then please post in the Mozy Community any time.

Jared
Mozy Support
angelag
Community Manager
(528)

@IchorousAllsort,

I'm really glad to see that this recent issue appears to be resolved. If you have a moment, we'd love to get your feedback on your experience in our forum and Community as we gear up to redesign and update some of our processes. All you have to do is leave a comment on our Community Feedback Giveaway blog post, and that will also enter you for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! We'll be choosing 5 winners, so we don't want you to miss out.

Thank you so very much for being an essential part of our Community!

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support