Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Pedro
Elite Level 1
(21)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Image backup

Today (!), many applications are installed from downloads, not CD/DVDs.

Re-installation can be incredibly complex, and require a multitude of records and security features.

How can I optimise my use of Mozy for active files, with an ability to also maintain total image records for reinstallation after catastrophe?

Not sufficiently technical to understand ISO images, just want to sleep at night!

Telemachus
(58)

Re: Image backup

Hi @Pedro,

Mozy wasn't designed to back up system image or application files. To do that in Windows you could use the System Backup Image Tool. On the Mac you could use Time Machine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Telemachus

Mozy Support

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)
Solution

@Pedro

Actually you can backup ISO image files if you would like, it's just Mozy doesn't create ISO image files.  If you have a program that creates these ISO image files then you may select it for backup. 

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(127)

@Pedro

Just checking in. Did you have any further questions we can address? Were we able to resolve your concern?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

Pedro
Elite Level 1
(21)

Thanks Jared, I'll have to try harder!

Pedro
Elite Level 1
(21)

Hi Scott, I'm OK now, will research local solution for iso backup.

ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@Pedro - Please let us know if we can help answer any additional questions for you and thank you for using the Mozy community forums!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps