We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/I-cant-find-my-files/td-p/93744

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
schwierdo
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

I cant find my files

Ive used mozy for years and over the last 6 or 7 years I haven't managed it. I've had is set up on 2 past computers and now have a new computer. Id like to restore all my old files to an external hard drive but cant find any files to restore. Is it a problem if I dont have those old computers?

Im nervous about losing old pictures and music I saved.... How do I access my files?  When I click on my devices and select restore files, it doesnt let me set the date to retrieve files from....

When I try to access files it says there are none.

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)
Solution

Re: I cant find my files

@schwierdo

Thank you for posting in the Mozy community.

I see the two computers on your account that you mentioned which both have not had backups in a very long time, however we are holding the data that was backed up from both computers as of their last backup.

You need to log into your Mozy account and follow the instructions from this link to start the restore all your files for each of the two computers.

Here is a link to the next set of restore instructions using the Mozy Restore Manger which leads off of the last set of instructions I just posted.

These instructions will restore all files from these computer's last backup to your new computer but each set of instructions needs to be followed twice, once for each computer you're attempting to restore all files from.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@schwierdo

Any luck with the instructions I posted yesterday?

Let us know if you have any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@schwierdo

We haven't heard from you recently and will be marking this thread as resolved very shortly. Please post on this thread if you have additional/related questions!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps