Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)
Solved (Go to Solution)

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD MOZY FOR THE FIRST TIME ON A REPLACEMENT COMPUTER

Do I download from within my existing account or take say the free version just to get the software on my new computer.-prior to installing all my files from/in the cloud?

0 Reps
Telemachus
(51)
Solution

Re: HOW DO I DOWNLOAD MOZY FOR THE FIRST TIME ON A REPLACEMENT COMPUTER

Hi @TOPGUN,

You can Download the MozyHome Backup Software by logging in to your account at https://mozy.com/login. Incidentally you can also restore your backed data from here as well, this Knowledge Base article has instructions:  http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Create-Web-Restore-MozyHome

Once you're logged in, click on your name in the upper right and select Download Mozy Backup. You'll be taken to a page with downloads for Windows and Mac

web restore.JPG

Let us know if you have additional questions

Thanks,
Telemachus
Mozy Support

TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

Thanks-if I add on an additional computer , as an option, rather than just replacing a computer that has failed-will these two run in tandem as far as what is in the cloud-when I replace again the original computer .?

TOPGUN

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@TOPGUN

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but to answer your question to the best of my understanding, when you "add" a computer instead of "replace" then second computer will be added to the account which will run independently from any other computers backing up on your account.

When you choose "replace" then all the data in the cloud will now be associated with the new computer so you can resume backing up the same data from the old computer.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

Will the cloud be updated for posts from both computers-so that the cloud backed up accounts, where shared between the two computers, .remain exactly  the same at all times?

ScottS1
(105)

@TOPGUN

I assume that you mean if you have Mozy installed on both machines, that the online Account Pages website will show them both current with the latest backup status? If so, yes, so long as both machines have backed up successfully, their status will show in the Account Pages section when you log into https://secure.mozy.com after a successful backup.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

JaredG
(454)

@TOPGUN

Did Scott's last post answer your question? 

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

Affirmative- with thanks

TOPGUN