We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/GREEN-TICKS-WON-T-COME-BACK-ON-MOZY-BACKED-UP-ITEMS/td-p/94120

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

GREEN TICKS WON'T COME BACK ON MOZY BACKED UP ITEMS

My computer crashed and files were restored without Mozy -which was transferred by me later and seems now to be working fine-I now have Windows 8.1 as opposed to formerly Windows 7.

But no green ticks anymore on Mozy backed up items.

I attempted a solution I found on Mozy titled:' Green check mark on backed up files'-putting a tick in the Mozy backup program in Options- General Tab against- 'Show status icon on Files' but it doesn't work even when doing a Restart with my computer.

Mozy has a tick as you would expect against photos etc in Backup sets-indicating nothing untoward here.

ANY IDEAS TO HELP GET MY TICKS BACK?

TOPGUN

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

Re: GREEN TICKS WON'T COME BACK ON MOZY BACKED UP ITEMS

@TOPGUN

As long as the overlay is enabled in the Mozy settings then you'll need to find out why Windows isn't displaying it.

Some times this can happen if all your Windows updates are not installed yet. 

Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date too.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

Jared,

How do I find out about graphics and windows updates?

TOPGUN

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(240)

We'd have to direct you to Microsoft Support on how to update your computer, (or google!) but I did have some information for you that may help, as sometimes other recently installed programs are the issue. See this article here:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Status-Icons-are-not-visible

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

HOW do I navigate to the System Registry?-and how do I proceed from here?-please.

TOPGUN

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@TOPGUN

Here is a link to Microsoft's website with instructions on how to update Windows.

(To open the registry, go to your Windows start menu and type regedit.  This will open the registry, however, be very very careful here in the registry since making the wrong modification to the registry could render your operating system useless.)

(This is Microsoft support from here)

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(182)

@TOPGUN

Going as far as modifying your registry is a grey area. Kindly follow Jared's post and let us know if you have questions specifically geared towards the Mozy software.

As soon as you resolve that aspect, I think you will be on the right track. But if you need further questions addressed, let us know.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
TOPGUN
Sensei Level 1
(28)

Jared,

I have two drivers not installed called GENESYS LOGIC -other hardware USB card reader 2mb ;and QUALLCOM ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS-BLUETOOTH CONTROLLER-Dell wireless 1703-bluetooth.

These are sitting waiting to be installed if needed-they don't seem particularly relevant to me-do you concur?

I addition there are some six or seven other files waiting to be installed if desired-I have no idea what these relate to.

How do I proceed ?-Scott seems of the view I should not investigate the Registry.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@TOPGUN

I'll ask that Jared work on this with you and message him. I have to draw the line in that I am unable to support your OEM computer components as we're strictly support with the Mozy software. If you have questions about drivers, kindly reach out to your OEM provider.

If it is Dell, I've located their support line:

1 (800) 624-9897

In terms of the registry, I cannot be held liable for modifying that. I will notify Jared you expect his assistance.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@TOPGUN

I was out of the office yesterday.

Yes, I agree those two drivers you mentioned don't appear relevant, however what you should do is open Device Manger and find your graphics card and right click on it and choose "Update Driver" and let Windows check to see if there are any updates for it, or check with the vendor of your graphics card and check for updates directly on their website.

As far as the registry is concerned, I can't say either way whether you should or should not modify the registry since that would be out of my scope of support, but if you do have instructions and want to modify the registry, just make sure you save a backup of the registry before modifying it.

When you mentioned "In addition there are some six or seven other files waiting to be installed if desired-I have no idea what these relate to.", did you mean six or seven files waiting to be backed up?

I wish I had more information I could direct you to regarding these over lays.  Personally I've never had a real need yet to use over lays, so I don't know too much about them.

Here is a MS page I found regarding overlay issues on Windows 8.1 that might be helpful.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps