Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Full Restore Files Gone

I had to erase my whole drive and do a new install of Windows 10. Then I did a full restore. There were several applications that were not restored like Netbeans my compiler. Why did it not get restored?

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

Re: Full Restore Files Gone

Hi @TimTheSkibum,

Mozy is not meant to backup applications, programs, or settings files. While you typically can select these files (it requires you specifically enable the ability in your Options > Advanced tab, and then go in and manually select them) we do not recommend it. Programs need to be installed properly from their original sources.

Mozy is actually meant more for the data, pictures, documents, etc. that go with those programs.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(482)

@TimTheSkibum

I agree with Angela here, we do not backup programs them self's but the data that's produced by program.  Do you have any other questions or comments?

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@TimTheSkibum

Just checking in. Did you need further clarification on this? Generally our software targets these files at default levels:

- Photos

- Documents

- Videos

If you are intending on backing up an entire application, our software needs to specify those exact targets. Normally applications are not included at default levels. You have to specify that under:

- Backup Sets

- File System

Typically those locations are found in:

- C:\Program Files

- C:\Program Files (x86)

But that still won't include everything. Many applications are reliant on registry keys being active and existing for the program to work. So even if you targeted those programs in C:\Program Files or (x86), the program likely would still struggle opening due to those missing registry keys (After a fresh OS reinstall).

Let us know if this helps!

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @TimTheSkibum,

We haven't heard from you in some time, so we're hoping this means that it is resolved and we're going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved. If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps