Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Folder organization

I want my backup have the same folder organization as on my laptop. How can I do this?

angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Re: Folder organization

Hi @philcamp1762,

Mozy actually by default keeps the exact same folder structure/organization as your machine, so you don't even have to do anything. Just make sure you select your files for backup and back them up. Then when you go to restore, you'll see the exact same folder paths and structure as your machine had.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support

actually that's not exactly true... with Windows 10 it obliges you to save your files on One Drive, even when I created a shortcut for my files at This PC/Documents/My Documents the backup on Mozy makes me jump through many steps to get to my files on One Drive.

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

Hi @philcamp1762,

Programs like Office 365 (and possibly other Microsoft programs) do default to One Drive as the save location, but they do not require it to be the save location. You can change that and choose any location on your hard drive to save the files to. You an also download the files from One Drive back to the actual hard drive if you'd like.

One Drive is a sort of backup/sharing folder that is stored offsite, and for that reason Mozy does not support backing up files from that folder. Mozy only supports backing up files from the actual hard drive on the machine and not from any offsite or other backup programs/folders. You'll want to save the files you want backed to the actual hard drive, and select it from that location in Mozy to backup properly and keep the appropriate file structure.

Angela G.
0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

@philcamp1762  Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @philcamp1762,

Just checking in, has this matter been resolved? Please feel free to click "Accept as Solution" to mark the thread solved. If not, please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @philcamp1762,

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're hoping that means that your issue has been resolved. We're going to mark the thread as solved, but if you need anything further please don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
0 Reps