Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Pete_Law...

Elite Level 2
(14)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Files I am am selecting are not being saved

I very recently got a new computer and one of the 1st things I did was to download Mozy Home & Sync.

I checked on the Mozy Home page and my new machine was showing.

I then moved to settings as I have done many times over the years of using Mozy.

I selected the files that I wanted saving which showed as 124GB and hit the OK button.

I then ran a manual backup and got the result as being successful but only showed 6.7GB backed up.

I went back into setting to find that the files I had selected were no longer selected but other files that I hadn't chosen were.

I retried the process numerous time but on each occasion I got the same result.

I am running Win 10 1709

i7700 4.2 GHZ

I would appreciate some help with small but far reaching problem.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)
Solution

Re: Files I am am selecting are not being saved

@Pete_Lawrence

It sounds like there is something impeding the full feature set of Mozy from functioning. Typically this points to antivirus. Let me walk you through some steps to try:

1. Add antivirus exclusions to your current antivirus application: http://mozy.com/product/download/backup/mozyhome
  2. Reboot your machine
  3. Try adding files and click "OK" after validating your selection
  4. Click on "Start Backup"
  5. After a successful backup, let us know if your settings have sticked
  6. If the problem persists, consider uninstalling MozyHome and reinstalling here: http://mozy.com/product/download/backup/mozyhome
  7. Try again

Let us know what you find. If that fails, we may have to generate a case for you and reach out. But kindly respond with the results from the checklist above.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

JaredG
(479)

@Pete_Lawrence

I agree with Scott, it sounds like antivirus might be interfering with Mozy. 

Though your initial post was about six days ago, I do see one of the two computers on your account is backing up, and the other computer that isn't backing up only reports one attempt to backup on 10/27/17 08:54 am MST (UTC−07).

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(127)

@Pete_Lawrence

Just checking in. Do you have additional questions or concerns? We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@Pete_Lawrence

Were you able to add exclusions to your antivirus? 

We haven't heard from you since you initial post 8 days ago.  Please update this thread and mark the appropriate post as a resolution.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@Pete_Lawrence

Again, we haven't heard from you since your initial post.  Please post any questions or comments, or mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@Pete_Lawrence

We will now mark this thread as the solution. Please open a new thread if you need anything else!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps