Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
debbiefain
Elite Level 1
(10)

FileSystem4 error

I am experiencing another FileSystem 4 error for the past three days. Again, I have done everything in the support section online. I went into the history and it says 'backup interrupted'. This problem occurred back in September.

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

Re: FileSystem4 error

@debbiefain

The FilesystemError4 means that our software is unable to read or write data to the hard drive either because antivirus or antimalware is blocking Mozy, or your hard drive as physical problems on the hard disk. 

Generally I recommend that you run a disk check utility on your hard drive to verify it's integrity. 

Here is a link to Microsoft's website with instructions on how to run the disk check utility.

Also you may try moving the file that's failing to a different location on your hard drive.  For example if the file is located in your documents folder, move it to the desktop and make sure it's selected for backup and run another backup.  If the backup is successful then there is most likely a problem with hard drive where the file was saved originally.

If there is only one file reporting "backup interrupted" it's probably not antivirus or antimalware interfering but there's always a chance that it is, so you always want to add exclusions for Mozy in these programs. 

Here is a link to our knowledge base with the exclusions that need to be added to any antivirus or a...

If you have run the disk check utility and find no errors, then make sure you add the exclusions to any antivirus or anitmalware programs and reboot/restart your computer then run another backup.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@debbiefain

Did you have any luck with Jared's suggestions and steps? Do you have additional questions we can address or does this resolve your concern?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@debbiefain

I'm showing a successful backup on the 14th, but yesterday on the 15th I can see another FilesystemError4.

Were you able to follow any of the instructions I posted?

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@debbiefain

Yesterdays backup as successful. 

Were you able to follow the instructions I initially posted?

Let's see what happens over the weekend.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@debbiefain

Your backups continue to report successful with no errors reporting.  Please mark this thread as solved or please post the solution that solved the problem.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps