Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Community Feedback Contest Winners Announced!
The Winners from the Mozy Community Feedback Contest have been announced! Did you win? See who won a $50 Amazon Gift Card on the blog today...

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
Solved (Go to Solution)

Digitally signed driver

I had to reinstall Windows 7, virus protection, Office programs, and other software after migration to Windows 10 didn't work out.I got that all done and initiated a restore of my Friday backup which completed and I have Mozy Restore Manager running on my PC.

I realized I hadn't downloaded Mozy Home and tried to do that so I could complete the restore and setup my backup schedule when I get an error that Windows requires a digitally signed driver. I searched Mozy and was directed to Windows Patch KB3033929, but the installer stops and reports that the patch doesn't apply to me. How do I fix this driver issue? Did I mess up by downloading Restore Manager before Home?

AngelinaS
(194)
Solution

Re: Digitally signed driver

@IshmaelW   I recommend running all necessary Windows updates, install the 2008 and 2010 C++ Restributable packages for your computer (they come in 32 bit and 64 bit), which can be found at Microsoft's support page.  Then install the most current version of the MozyHome backup client:  http://mozy.com/downloads/mozysetup.exe

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

I sought help from Mozy with Live Chat and after some time got essentially the same advice to run service pack updates. I am slowly wading through those. At this rate, it might take days to update Windows and get back to where I was before I made the mistake of trying to migrate to Windows 10. Seems unreal. Thanks Microsoft. I think I may consider a Mac next time.

Funny thing. The service pack that needs to be run comes over as a 2 GB ISO file that needs to be burned onto CD. That's bigger than I can manage. So I am in my 4th day not having backups because Mozy doesn't work with an old version of Windows 7. I will see if other products work instead of Mozy and will post my solution here for sure.

JaredG
(385)

@IshmaelW

I'm sorry to hear that your backups are still not working and I would like to help in anyway I can to get your backups working again.

The instructions that Angelina gave were for the Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable package found at this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=15336

Download this package from Microsoft (which is not an update) and install.  This should only take 2-3 minutes at most to complete.  You may need to reboot your computer before trying again.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
username...

Master Level 1
(2981)

IshmaelW wrote:

Funny thing. The service pack that needs to be run comes over as a 2 GB ISO file that needs to be burned onto CD. That's bigger than I can manage. So I am in my 4th day not having backups because Mozy doesn't work with an old version of Windows 7. I will see if other products work instead of Mozy and will post my solution here for sure.

The only service pack that is even close to that size is Windows 7 Service Pack 1. It can be downloaded as a 1.9GB ISO file that can then be burned to a blank DVD; however, there is no reason to download it and burn it to a DVD. That service pack should come in via the normal Windows Update process.

There are other service packs (like for Office suits), but they too should be installed via the normal Windows Update process.

@JaredG and @AngelinaS,

I have several computers with Mozy installed where no versions of Microsoft's C++ Redistributable is installed.  I'm puzzled by your suggestion to install it. Is it needed only if the computer's W7 OS does not have Service Pack 1?

Thank you all for the discussion and suggestions. I am running Windows updates now and hopefully at some point soon my system will fix the problem and permit me to install Mozy Home. I will continue to monitor the forum for suggestions and report back.

Finally reached critical mass this morning after Windows updates all night. I was able to load Mozy Home successfully - no complaints about digitally signed drivers. I appreciate the helpful advice from the forum and Mozy staff.

dommm
Sensei Level 2
(44)

JaredG wrote:

@IshmaelW

I'm sorry to hear that your backups are still not working and I would like to help in anyway I can to get your backups working again.

The instructions that Angelina gave were for the Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable package found at this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=15336

Download this package from Microsoft (which is not an update) and install.  This should only take 2-3 minutes at most to complete.  You may need to reboot your computer before trying again.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

I am in the same boat as the OP. I installed the package from the link above & then tried installing the mozy software but still get the "Digitally signed driver" message. Do you have any other suggestions? thanks

Benjamin_C
(104)

If you have already updated your computer, I would advise following the last step in this article, that says install a slightly older version of Mozy. Also, make sure to uninstall and restart your computer before installing this version:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Error_Message/FilterError0
Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!