Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Keep your files in Sync with Mozy & What's new with Mozy Windows and Linux clients?
Learn more about Sync as well as Windows and Linux clients in the latest community blogs!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
CJBROOKSJC
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Delete guidance faulty

I replaced my old PC w/ a new one.  I can see my latest BU from days ago logged, but Mozy restore tells me there are "no files for this device"  I also get a '# devices exceeded' msg and when I try to delete an old one using the Mozy support guidance I am never offered a 'delete' option on the computer listing screen, nor does the Account management menu offer the 'list machines' option. I am a MOZYfree user but I am willing to upgrade to solve the problem.   I seriously need assistance now. 

UPDATE:  I'm not sure how, but I have managed to delete an old, unused computer ID.  I still get a 'No files found for this folder' message when I try to restore  and still need guidance.  Thanks

0 Reps
ScottS1
(161)

Re: Delete guidance faulty

@CJBROOKSJC

When you follow these steps:

- And click on "Restore Files" to the right of a machine

- A new window will open

- Click "Devices" to the left

Do you see what you wish to restore then?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
Highlighted
JaredG
(782)

@CJBROOKSJC

Were you able to follow Scott's instructions to find the restore options?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(782)

@CJBROOKSJC

When you get a chance, let us know if the instructions that Scott posted worked for you.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
CJBROOKSJC
Student
(0)

Yes.  As I said - when I attempt to restore my most recent BU to my new machine I get the "No files" message.  I can see the last BU listed, I just can't get MOZY to restore it to this new PC. 

0 Reps
CJBROOKSJC
Student
(0)

Did not.  See my reply to Scott.  Sorry for the delay... flu.  I have another suggestion to try:

To restore your files from that machine, complete the following steps:

1. Sign into your account online
  2. Select the Devicestab on the left (If you don't see this, select Restore Files also on the left)
  3. Click on the name of your computer J[removed: privacy]-PC
  4. Right-click on the folder C:and select Change Date
  5. Choose the appropriate date (any time before 06/17/15)
  6. Select OKwhen prompted to change the view
  7. Place a check-mark next to the folder C:
  8. Click on the Downloadbutton on the right
  9. Name your restore and select Next
  10. Choose how you want to restore your files

I'll let you know.

Brooks

0 Reps
CJBROOKSJC
Student
(0)

Okay folks, I tried the last suggestion.  It failed because Now there are NO backup sets listed for my old computer though they were visibly logged three days ago, and are supposed to be available to restore for a month.  MOZY shows only the latest BU set for the new machine.  I DID NOT delete my Newuser machine or backup sets and can't understand why my old data set has disappeared.  I reloaded Open Office and thank heaven my text files are still there.  I'll continue to peruse my system to see what else I have managed to retain, but I'm sure my links, bookmarks, and anything else not tied to Open Office is gone.  Someone tell me I'm mistaken, please.

Hopefully,

Brooks

0 Reps
CJBROOKSJC
Student
(0)

Update:  MOZY, which I naturally downloaded to my new PC to do my intended restore, has activated it's automatic backup function for this new PC which it has labeled "Dualmonitor", and I am wondering if my old "Newuser" data is no longer associated with this new ID.  Am I contending with two unique data sets, only one of which is now associated with my (unchanged) Sign-on / Password?  Dualmonitor is the ONLY backup data set listed for me now.

Brooks

0 Reps
Telemachus
(61)

@CJBROOKSJC

On 1/1/18 you were backing up 1 User folder. You are currently backing up 2 User folders. I suspect that you chose to restore to your original location, and if you looked in C:\Users, you would find your old data in whatever your User folder used to be called and you'd find your new User data in whatever your User folder is currently called.

Let us know if that's the case.

Thank you,

Telemachus

Mozy Support

0 Reps
CJBROOKSJC
Student
(0)
Solution

You are correct!  I find my Open Office data files there both under Newuser and User folders.  BUT... I never got any notification that a restore had been either started or concluded.  The only info I ever received when I attempted to do my restore originally was the "No files for this folder" msg.  I realize I was attributing my saved data to some arcane OpenOffice function which does not exist, and I am content that my data files were restored by MOZY, thank you.  I am; however, uncomfortable with "how" they were restored, and wonder if I will have future problems.  You are a techy... have you ever tried everything to solve a problem one small change at a time only to be unsuccessful, and suddenly find everything working normally without your further involvement?... it's that feeling.  Thanks for your help. 

Best,

Brooks

0 Reps