We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Database-mdf-amp-ldf-restore-cannot-be-attached-to-MS-SQL-Server/td-p/93943/page/2

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
Oli
Warrior
(3)

Re: Database (mdf&ldf) restore cannot be attached to MS SQL Server 2008 R2

Hey,

thank you. All the information you provided was helpful. On some clients indeed VSS-Errors were shown in the WinLog.

Like you said, MozyPro is backing up the data the way the data was given, therefore I have to check the rest of my clients as well.

I guess when it comes to VSS troubleshooting I can simply search the web. If I run into questions or problems regarding MozyPro I can not solve I will let you know.

Thank you for your effort!

Regards,

Oli

0 Reps
fairouz
Cook
(0)

Hi,

Our company server get hit by a crypto virus on 02/02/2018 so we run a restore but 

when restored the most recent dates for some MDF and LDF files were 1/10/2018 – when ALL other files were current as of that day (2/1/2018). and the backups from 01/10/2018 to 02/01/2018 was running successfully. Can you help me find this files please? 

Thanks.

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@Oli

I could not find an account with the email that was used to sign up with the Mozy community, so I sent you a privet message requesting that your reply with an email that's in our system.

With what information you've given which all I have available now, it sounds like you restored your data from the wrong date.  I would start another restore, but follow the instructions from this Knowledge Base article about restoring data from an earlier date.

Please post any other questions or comments and reply to the privet message I sent.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@fairouz

Did you need anything clarified with the article supplied by Jared? Did you have additional questions or items you need answered in regards to your issue? Just checking in to ensure things are coming along for you.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)
Solution

@Oli

We haven't heard from you recently and just wanted to be sure all your needs have been addressed. We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly. Kindly respond if you still need aid.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps