Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Lite
Spy
(3)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Cannot select certain directories for backup

Windows 10 / MozyHome 2.32.8.595

I use the file system tab in the settings to put check marks at the directories I want to have backed up.

E.g. I have put a check mark at the top level directory of my user account (C:\Users\Userxyz) to have all files related to me included into the backup. But when I expand the directory tree by clicking the + signs I noticed that certain directories do not appear (and hence not being backed up), although I can find those directories using the file explorer.

Only two directories contained in  ...\Userxyz\AppData\Local show up, about 30 others do not. Especially the Mozilla subdirectory I would need to be included in the backup, because it contains my user profile with all settings. Sometimes Firefox forgets everything after a crash, and I do not like to recreate 50+ open tabs manually.

Any ideas? What kind of blacklists do exist preventing files being backed up?

Lidia

JaredG
(479)
Solution

Re: Cannot select certain directories for backup

@Lite

You could try enabling the Mozy setting "Allow backup and display of protected operating system files" found under the "Options" tab then under the sub tab "Advanced".

Or all you may need to do is click on the link "Change settings that are currently unavailable" above the "Help OK and Cancel" buttons in the Mozy settings.

If this doesn't work, then make sure you are logged in as an administrator in Windows.

Let us know how that goes.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@Lite

Were you able to follow the instructions from my last post?

Please post any questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
Lite
Spy
(3)

Thank you for your advice. It works now as intended.

Lidia

0 Reps