Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, and the most recent, Part 4: Resources and Billing.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
JWK
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Cannot open Mozy after restoring a file

I have a customer where I recently installed MOZY for Windows on their 6 Windows-7 computers. I did a test restore on 3 of them. (The test restore on each consisted of just one PDF file of about 100K). On 2 of those 3, after the restore, I could no longer open the Mozy client. If I click on "Settings" or "Restore Files", the spinning "busy" cursor appears for about 1/2 second and then disappears. It will not open up the Mozy client. It doesn't matter if I click those buttons on the Mozy splash screen, or from the context menus in the Mozy icon in the lower right corner. It will still start a backup if I hit the "Backup" button, but I can't get the settings or restore files dialogue screens to open. The only way I can get them to open again is to restart the computers. Any ideas?

Benjamin_C
(120)

Re: Cannot open Mozy after restoring a file

I'm sorry to hear that! First off, after restarting does it work again like normal from then on, or does it only work once and then freeze? You say these are Windows 7. Are they fully up to date?

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
AngelinaS
(221)

@JWK  I agree, make sure the computers have all their required Windows updates installed.  If problem continues, I recommend either calling MozyPro technical support, or coming into chat support as per http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-chat-with-support as we would need to see the log file from each machine.  This is not the place to post log files.

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(470)

@JWK

We haven't heard back from you, are you still having the same problem?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JWK
Student
(0)

I'm not sure why my last 2 posts have not appeared on this discussion. I will try again.

Yes, if Mozy is frozen, and I then restart the computer, Mozy will work for 1 more restore and then do the same thing again, freeze up. Restart the computer, do a test file restore, Mozy frozen again, etc., etc.

I am only restoring 1 small PDF file as a test. I always do a test restore of 1 file when I first install Mozy on a new customers computer.

Yes, all computers have all current Windows updates. The Mozy version is the latest one off of the reseller portal.

I had a case opened with Mozy support. They explained how to stop the Mozy service, open task manager, stop all Mozy processes, and then restart the Mozy service. This just removes the need to reboot the computer, and I am not going to have my customers stopping processes in task manager on a pick and choose basis. They are not at that level. They are capable of rebooting, that's it. So Mozy support is just telling me how to not have to reboot the computer. I need a way for Mozy not to freeze up in the first place. I was just wondering if anybody else has ever seen this problem. I have been reselling and installing Mozy for years and have never seen this.

ScottS1
(36)

@JWK

Have you noticed if any particular version is more cooperative as opposed to another and behaves the way you need it to?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

angelag
Community Manager
(777)

Hi @JWK,

I've gone in and taken ownership of your case, and sent you an email requesting some log collections from the machines you're seeing this on. If you could send me them, I could look into it a big further and see if I can diagnose any issues that may be contributing.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@JWK - Are there any additional questions we can help answer for you?

Shawn L.
Community Manager
AngelinaS
(221)

@JWK   Were you able to provide the log files to the case you have with Angela?  Will it be ok to stop the correspondence in this forum until that issue is diagnosed and resolved?

Thank you,

Angie

JWK
Student
(0)

Yes, it will be a few days before I can get back to that customer's site. You can suspend correspondence until then.