Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
WDDX
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Cannot Install on 2008 R2 Virtuozzo Container (VM)

Installing as administrator.

Application Log:

Product: MozyPro -- Error 1920. Service 'mozyproFilter' (mozyprofilter) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

Tried installing 2.30, 2.28, 2.26, 2.24 with reboots as directed.

System Log:

The mozyproFilter service failed to start due to the following error:
This driver has been blocked from loading

Any ideas?  I'd love to use the product, but can't install it.

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)
Solution

Re: Cannot Install on 2008 R2 Virtuozzo Container (VM)

@WDDX

If the Mozy Filter is failing to start then either you're not logged in as an admin or on a corporate domain or you don't have all your Windows updates

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Install-fails-with-Verify-that-you-have-sufficient-p...

I know you mentioned installing 2.28 but I would like you try this specific version of Mozy first from this link 2.28.2.432

Make sure that Mozy has been uninstalled and the computer has been rebooted (as usual)  and let us know how that works.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
AllanH
(119)

@WDDX

I've seen a similar issue, it was due to although being logged in as administrator, the app itself was not installing as Admin. Therefore insufficient rights were the cause. If the steps provided by the article posted by @JaredG did not resolve the issue, 

you can force running the app as admin by:

1. Open the Command Prompt as Administrator

2. Browse to the location of the installer, in my case:

cd Downloads

3. Run the app by using typing out the name of the EXE. 

4. This automatically runs the app with full admin 

Let us know if you continue having issues. 

Thanks. 

0 Reps
remymozy
(47)

@WDDX

Were you able to get Mozy installed using the methods provided by @JaredG or @AllanH ? Please let us know if you experience any further issues whatsoever. 

0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

@WDDX   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@WDDX

We haven't heard from you since your initial post.  Please post any questions or comments, otherwise please mark the correct post as solved that answered your question.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @WDDX,

Since we haven't heard from you since your initial post, we're hoping that means this issue is resolved and we're going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps