Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Forgotten Your Password?
Have you forgotten your password? Today's blog post walks you through how to reset it...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
estein
Assassin
(10)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Can't upload files

I can't upload any files. The thing just sits there saying File Number 1, 0 Bytes uploaded.  And another thing: So I go to Support to chat with an agent, and When I type my message it skips a line after a couple of characters and then won't let me backspace or anything, then when I hit Send it goes nowhere. Keyboard and mouse are working fine in this app, so what's up with the Chat app, and why can't I upload any files? It's only 68 meg, so no problem there.  I've already uploaded hundreds of files; I've been with Mozy for years, and never seen anything like this. Anybody?  

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)
Solution

Re: Can't upload files

Hello @estein,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble. As for the issue connecting to chat, it sounds like you're using Edge Browser, which unfortunately does not support our chat client at this time. We'd recommend accessing chat using a different web browser.

I checked your account and it looks like the account linked with the email here in your Community profile has not backed up in quite some time, and it's on a very outdated version of the software. If this is the correct account, and you're not using an account under a different email, I'd recommend a clean uninstall/reinstall with the latest client version.

Please follow these steps to do a clean uninstall/reinstall of MozyHome:

1. Uninstall Mozy by going to Start > All Programs > MozyHome > Uninstall
2. Reboot the Computer
3. Download the latest software from mozy.com/home/download
4. Reinstall the downloaded software
5. Re-select your files for backup by following the steps in this article: Selecting Files to Backup Using the FileSystem Tab

If it is another account under a different email, can you please PM me that email so I can look into this further?

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(654)

@estein

Has Angelag answered all your questions?  Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(86)

@estein

Just a friendly checkup to see how things are going for you. Have you had any success with the suggestions provided, or did you have any other questions we can help answer for you? We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly. Please respond if you have any other discrepancies that need to be addressed.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

estein
Assassin
(10)

Changed to Chrome instead of Edge browser that came with Windows 10.  Problem solved.

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)

@estein,

Glad to hear that helped you resolve the issue. We'll go ahead and mark this thread as solved for you for now, please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(617)

@estein - Please let us know if there are any other questions we can help answer for you. 

Thank you for using the Mozy forums!

Shawn L.
Community Manager