Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
MERTENSI...

Assassin
(10)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Can't uninstall Mozy Home or re-install, also Windows Explorer is corrupted

I see that this has been queried before, but the solution seems to be that of a custom solution sent to the user. I have a 32-bit machine running Windows 7. My computer is now a mess---can you please help??

0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

Re: Can't uninstall Mozy Home or re-install, also Windows Explorer is corrupted

@MERTENSIA1276  If you are receiving a Windows Explorer error message, you will need to resolve that before you can re-install MozyHome.  If you come into chat or create a case from your account on the support page, we can send you a custom uninstaller for your computer.  I recommend ensuring all required Windows updates are installed.  If you are receiving the C++ Runtime Library error, you will need to ensure the C++ 2008 Redistributable Package and C++ 2010 Redistributable Package are installed.  If you have WIN10, there is also a C++ 2012 Redistributable Package.

To start a chat:  http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-chat-with-support

Create a case:  http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-create-a-support-case

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
JaredG
(482)
Solution

@MERTENSIA1276

I see that you have a case open with support and you were sent the Mozyhome custom uninstaller.  Were you able to run the custom uninstaller?  Follow up with  the case that's open and let us know if that worked for you.

Thank  you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
MERTENSI...

Assassin
(10)

Hi, 

No, no luck.  Not sure what to do next as my computer is a mess.

Thanks

0 Reps
JaredG
(482)

@MERTENSIA1276

You need to run the custom uninstaller from the link that was given to you in Mozy chats.

I have sent you a privet message with the same link that was given to you when you were on a chat with a Mozy support agent. 

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @MERTENSIA1276,

It looks like Jared was able to help you resolve this via the case, is that correct? If so, please feel free to mark this thread as resolved by clicking on Accept as Solution next to the comment in this thread that was the most useful. If not, please let us know so we can look into it further.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@MERTENSIA1276 - Let us know if you have any additional questions and thank you for using the Mozy forum!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps
chuckswe...

Warrior
(5)

AngelinaS's reply NOT correct.  The C++ errors he is seeing from Explorer do not need to be addressed first - they are actually being caused by the corrupted Mozy install.  It is Mozy's context-sensitive menus in Explorer which are causing the C++ errors.  Disabling the Mozy context sensitive menus in explorer will fix the explorer errors he is seeing, until he gets Mozy uninstalled/reinstalled.  Nirsoft has a program called shexview that makes it easy to do this.

0 Reps