We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Can-t-get-under-the-wire/td-p/93656

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
wbradley
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Can't get under the wire

The future has passed Mozy by.  Unlimited backups for less money are widely available.  I replaced one of my two registered computers and when I re-installed the Mozy client, It told me that I was over my limit and I would have to remove files or pay more. Neither of which I'm very interested in.

The Dell/EMC grinder that we're connected to hasn't figured out that costly and limited are obsolete.  Time to move on.  Mozy is only interested in the institutional or large company market and they would be delighted if the personal computer deplorables moved on anyway.

Any way to get a refund for a fairly new two year commitment?

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)
Solution

Re: Can't get under the wire

@wbradley

Any time a customer requests a refund for a paid account, we recommend that they open a chat with our support by following the article below:

- http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-chat-with-support

A case will subsequently be generated. This is only for paid accounts. Kindly open a case with our support team and we can work on cancelling your account and discuss any refunds where eligible. For specifics on our refund policy, please view the policy below:

- https://mozy.com/about/legal/payments_and_refunds

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

wbradley
Warrior
(5)

We have to understand that Mozy is now owned by EMC/Dell.  Of course Mozy has to use storage engines developed by one of these two companies.

My new computer has a one terabyte disk and Mozy has limited me to 50gb of backup space.  What kind of sense is that?

The core of the cost problem is the storage pods. Consider one petabyte. A Dell DM1000 is $826,000. An EMC NS-960 is $2,860,000. The competition is building one petabyte storage pods for $117,000. I'm just not interested in paying for this difference.

Since you won't consider a refund and are sticking me with a further twenty one months of overpriced service, I'll make my displeasure obvious on social media.  I have two computers on my account.  I deleted Mozy from one of those and have the competition backing it up.  I'll leave the remaining one on the account.  Is there a way to reduce my account to just one computer and let the other try and fit into the limited space?

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@wbradley

Did you have a Mozy agent tell you that you were not entitled to a refund?  If the time of you're subscription renewal date has 3 months then we do not give any refunds.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@wbradley

I see that a supervisor has gracefully given you a refund but I will disclose no other details for your own privacy of information. However according to a refund policy, outside of any extraneous circumstance, a refund can only be applied to these account types:

- Annual

- Biannial

Within 90 days of renewal. The policy may be reviewed here: http://mozy.com/about/legal/payments_and_refunds

Did you have any other questions we can address?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator