Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
MERTENSI...

Assassin
(10)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Can't Upgrade Version

Can you provide a custom uninstaller for a 32-bit machine?

0 Reps
JaredG
(503)

Re: Can't Upgrade Version

@MERTENSIA1276

I've moved your post to it's own thread since the thread you posted on was marked as solved.

Can you tell us what's happening with Mozy on your computer and what version your running? Why are you trying to uninstall?  We can create a support case and send you the custom uninstaller if you can tell us what's happening first.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
MERTENSI...

Assassin
(10)

Hi, Jared,

I had a long chat with an agent (David C.) this morning. He tried but could not help me.

Yesterday I tried to upload a newer version of MozyHome (as per the bottom bar on my computer which suggested that a newer version was available. ) Mozy had been backing up on a twice daily basis up until then (but now, of course it cannot run the back-up) The upload would not complete because "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "mozi.msi" in the box below."  I looked all over but could not find mozi.msi. Also in looking I then realized that I could no longer use Windows Explorer as there was a Visual C++ Runtime error.  There was also a Mozy DB error.  I tried again to uninstall and also tried to re-install Mozy. Neither worked-- Message "The older version of MozyHome cannot be removed. Contact tech support."

I have a 32 bit machine with Windows 7.  Mozy Home version 2.28.2.432.  A Mozy agent who answered my post in the Community yesterday told me to be sure I have Visual C++ Redistributable Packages are installed for 2008 and 2010 (I had 2005 and 2008, so per Microsoft instructions I removed 2005 and downloaded 2010, leaving 2008.)  My Windows is up-to-date with updates.

David C sent me a link to a custom uninstall but I just got the Visual C++ error again and it wouldn't run.

So now I don't have Mozy or Windows Explorer.

Any ideas at a fix would be welcome.

Thanks

0 Reps
JaredG
(503)
Solution

@MERTENSIA1276

If the setup is still asking for the Mozy.msi file then it needs that specific file that's found in the original Mozy.exe file when you "unpack" the EXE or executable file.

I have take over the support case and will be sending you and email shortly so we can move forward to resolve your issue.

Thank you, 

Jared
Mozy Support
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @MERTENSIA1276,

It looks like Jared was able to help you resolve this via the case, is that correct? If so, please feel free to mark this thread as resolved by clicking on Accept as Solution next to the comment in this thread that was the most useful. If not, please let us know so we can look into it further.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
MERTENSI...

Assassin
(10)

Yes, Jared was very helpful.  I'm sorry I don't see where to say in the thread that this issue is resolved--where do I mark it?

ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@MERTENSIA1276 - It looks like the thread is already marked as solved. 

Please let us know if there are any additional questions we can help answer for you and thank you for using the Mozy forums!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

Just a quick edit. I marked @JaredG's post as the Solution so its easier to find. Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps