Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
mendy
Cook
(1)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Can I back up a external hard drive with mozy??

Can I back up a external hard drive with mozy??

username...

Master Level 1
(2907)

Re: Can I back up a external hard drive with mozy??

Maybe - try the free version - just select a few files - see if you like it.

If a backup happens when the drive is disconnected, then the files are marked for deletion from Mozy's servers. A work around to that is detailed in this post - but the latest version of the Mozy app does not allow for a permanent suspension of scheduled backups - so you might want to start with an older version mentioned here.

0 Reps
carlco
(159)

(OUTDATED)Re: Can I back up a external hard drive with mozy??

This post is outdated.  The new solution to this post is the next reply. 

Hi there,

Yes you can back up an external hard drive with Mozy. As mentioned if a backup occurs when the drive is not connected or accessable the file will be marked for deletion from our servers. The next time a backup occurs when the drive is connected and accessable the files will ned to be re associated (offered to our servers again).

Thank you,

Carl Cochran
Mozy L2 Support Engineer
0 Reps
carlco
(159)
Solution

Hi there,

As of 2.18 In Mozy for Windows, files backed up from an external drive remain backed up until the drive is deselected from your configurations, regardless of whether that external drive is connected during backups. It is still important to connect external drives as often as possible for backups to ensure the most current versions of your files are backed up.

Thank you,

Carl Cochran
Mozy L2 Support Engineer
0 Reps
j101
Student
(0)

Hi,

Does Mozy for MAC work in the same manner?

Thanks!

0 Reps
Fryer
(536)

As long as you have the latest version, yes.

-
Please remember to mark the solution post and give thumbs up to helpful posts.

Mozy Premium Support
Senior Engineer

Term and conditions
http://mozy.com/terms

Latest Download
https://mozy.com/download/
jpg
Assassin
(1)

Yes it works.  I recently tried it with a USB external drive.  It was slow but it did work.

0 Reps

Works for me as well.  Slow but it does the trick.

0 Reps