We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Backups-failing-with-ConnectionError3/td-p/88296

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
sledgas
Assassin
(8)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Backups failing with ConnectionError3

My backups, which run after 1am daily, have been working with no problem through Sept 2.

Backup on Sept 3 (early morning) failed with ConnectionError3. I tried a manual backup that evening, which also failed. Backup early this morning, Sept 4 had ConnectionError3 as well.

Help!

Thanks.

0 Reps

Re: Backups failing with ConnectionError3

I am having the exact same problem. Worked perfectly on 9/2 (scheduled at 2:30 am) until 9/3. I cannot get a manual backup to work and the one scheduled for 9/4 did not work.

I have already tried reinstalling Mozy and still no go.

0 Reps
sledgas
Assassin
(8)

Great to know that i'm not the only one having an issue. Thanks for corroborating it, birdmom. 

Hopefully the Mozy experts will be able to triangulate the issue from these two reports.

0 Reps
natemark
Elite Level 1
(21)

I'm having exactly the same problem. In addition, when I look for my files online it searches and searches but never finds anything.

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(240)

Thank you for this report! We've been seeing lots of people with the issue. My plan is to make a case for each of you, and have our engineers look at the over-arching problem. 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps

I have no idea what changed, but the 2:30 am scheduled back-up actually worked! I didn't do anything different on my end.

0 Reps
sledgas
Assassin
(8)

Yes, mine worked as well. Can we get confirmation from the Mozy team that something was corrected on the cloud storage side to correct this so that we can mark this issue as resolved?

0 Reps
natemark
Elite Level 1
(21)

As of 9/5 at 10:22am mine worked when I tried a manual backup. Also, my web access to my files now works.

Whatever you did, thanks.

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@natemark @sledgas @birdmom999 

I believe the issues is fixed now, but I'll verify this on my end and get back to you a little later today.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(825)
Solution

@sledgas

@natemark

@birdmom999

This issue has been resolved completely, however please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps