Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Paddles
Spy
(3)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Back up multiple accounts at same time

One of our computers (Win7) has two user accounts on it (one account for personal, one account for work). Is there any way that I can set up MozyPro to backup files for both user accounts, regardless of which account happens to be logged in - and noting that at least one of these accounts does not have admin rights, and without any manual intervention involved (including admin password, any time other than configuring settings?

So, for example:

• User 1 logs in, creates/updates documents in User 1 folders, logs out.
  • User 2 logs in, creates/updates documents in User 2 folders.
  • When MozyPro backup is triggered, the new and changed documents for both User 1 and User 2 are backed up.

Are there preferred ways of doing the configuration that make this more/less workable? For example, is it better to configure the backups under a single user (who could do a one-off UAC elevation to select which of the other user's folders should be backed up), or is it better to select folders/backup sets under each user account separately?

For completeness, I'm also setting it up with 2xProtect to backup to a local NAS, not just Mozy cloud. I don't expect this would change the answer but mentioning it just in case.

(In my case, the two users are the same person - work and personal documents, but the two accounts need to be kept separate and the work one can't be local admin.)

Thanks

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

Re: Back up multiple accounts at same time

@Paddles

Thank you for posting your comment here in the Mozy Community.

The answer to your questions is to setup Mozy on the admin user only and select all the desired files for backup.

Mozy will able to backup the other users data because Mozy is installed on the admin users (but Mozy may not work the other way around if the other user doesn't have access to the admin's data).

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Paddles
Spy
(3)

Is it possible to do without either account being local admin / having to elevate to perform a backup (i.e. if there is a separate admin account, and only use that (or otherwise elevate access) for config changes)?

Telemachus
(58)
Solution

Hi @Paddles

Yes that's possible, as long as the MozyPro Backup Software was installed as an Administrator. Users without admin privileges should be able to select their own files and folders for backup, with all local users' data being backed up regardless of who's currently logged in and their administrative privileges. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Telemachus

Mozy Support

JaredG
(479)

@Paddles

Have all of your questions been answered?  Please post any any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps